News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Anatidae - Ducks, Geese, Swans etc.

Started by postsaurischian, December 27, 2012, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

The ruddy duck caught my eye too, one of my favorite waterfowl species. I was going to ask about it too when I was done scrolling.

widukind

Many thanks. The black necked swan is made by a Dollhouse figure brand, it could be Falcon Miniatures. The ruddy duck i bought as a cheap chinese figures.

plasticsand

My boyfriend, when he was little, had this little duck plush. He said it had a soundbox in it, and I thought it'd make a really great christmas gift to try and find one for him. Does this look familiar brand wise to any of you?
242c.JPG

NSD Bashe

No idea, but it reminds me of a duck someone left in a bush outside my house once...

bushduck.jpg

Actually come to think of it, the duck in your photo looks like it might be the same brand as a chicken I had long ago, it was basically almost the same looking as that but a white chicken; it had a sound box that played the "chicken dance" when you pressed it and the wings flapped up and down and it squawked as well.  I have no idea what brand that was either unfortunately, my mom picked it up from a thrift store because I was looking for a chicken as a prop.  Even at the time it was really old and a bit decrepit, and I'm afraid it's long since crossed the other side of the road.

NSD Bashe

On further inspection there are some very similar looking stuffed ducks by the brand Russ, it could be made by them.

NSD Bashe

Actually while I'm here in the duck section I might as well post a couple odd ducks of my own:

two-odd-ducks.jpg

These two are Yowies, the left one is the blue-billed duck from Australia, and the right one is the probably extinct pink-headed duck.

bmathison1972

Thanks for sharing @NSD Bashe - interestingly enough I don't have either figure nor species. They look well done; I might have to keep an eye open for them on eBay!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

CollectA 'African' goose (domestic swan goose):