News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Hello from Australia

Started by iuliaw, April 14, 2014, 05:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iuliaw

Otter figurine collector here. Pleased to find this forum. Anyone else collect otters? Not mad keen on sea otters, but i have a decent collection after 40 odd years, especially after they invented eBay!

AnimalToyForum

Welcome to the forum!

Sadly, I don't have a single otter in my collection! But I mostly collect dinosaurs ;)

mermaidgrey

Otters are adorable. I can see why you would like to collect otter figures :) Any story behind why/how you became specifically interested in otters?
I have one otter (currently missing, like most of my collection!) which I bought from an otter sanctuary where my mother used to work when she was a teenager.

Jetoar

Welcome to ATF new friend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

iuliaw

Thanks for the welcomes. No, I really can't remember the start of my otter obsession. As a child, I wanted to be an otter-keeper when I grew up. As there are no otters in Australia, I must have fallen for Otter in Wind In The Willows. My parents had it on a reel to reel audio recording. And of course I had the book.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: iuliaw on April 15, 2014, 01:09:25 AM
As a child, I wanted to be an otter-keeper when I grew up.

Hehe. does such a job even exist? It is never too late!

KaraWildsong42

Hello iuliaw! Welcome to the forum! I actually have two otter figures in my collection. One that doesn't have a company name on it too. I might have to snap a photo of it and see if you can identify it for me since you're keen on all things otter! ;)
'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] – and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be – ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin

iuliaw

Quote from: KaraWildsong42 on April 15, 2014, 05:00:06 PM
Hello iuliaw! Welcome to the forum! I actually have two otter figures in my collection. One that doesn't have a company name on it too. I might have to snap a photo of it and see if you can identify it for me since you're keen on all things otter! ;)

We can only try....

widukind