News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Toy sightings

Started by tyrantqueen, April 07, 2014, 02:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I think we have a similar thread like this on the DTF, so why not start one here?

Has anyone ever spotted a figure of an animal in an unusual place, such as a movie or on television?

Here's an example: I was watching one of my favourite TV shows, Horrible Histories, and I saw this in one of the sketches:

I'm not 100% sure but could this be the AAA lobster?

It could be...since it would be more convenient to use a plastic one than going out and buying a real one, just to use in a short clip.

There is also a greengrocer in my town that used the AAA crab and lobster as displays in their windows to advertise their fresh produce. I was always freaked out because I thought they were freeze dried or something.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

It has always amused me that the vast majority of lobster figures are coloured red. At least the one in the TV show is supposed to be cooked! Im pretty sure lobster toys on sale in aquarium and museum shops and so on are supposed to represent the living creature.

tyrantqueen

Well the AAA lobster does come in "cooked" and "uncooked" paint variants :) Here's the uncooked one:

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 07, 2014, 06:30:23 PM
Well the AAA lobster does come in "cooked" and "uncooked" paint variants :) Here's the uncooked one:

Ah, that's good to know.  ^-^

tyrantqueen

I just spotted another one, also from Horrible Histories' wonderful musical Darwin sketch.

It's the AAA monitor lizard ;D

You can watch the full song here if you're so inclined :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2gHpqfZNA

brontodocus

Nice find, tyrantqueen! :) The turtle on the right looks like an AAA, too! :o

Newt

I don't know if this counts as an "unusual" place, but a couple of hornbill toys are shown in this Tetrapod Zoology post: http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/2014/04/22/kinnaird-and-obrien-2007-the-ecology-conservation-of-asian-hornbills/

Takama

I was at a goodwill store (second hand shop) and they had a AAA polar bear.   That might not sound strange because second hand stores are sometime a good place to get figures, but this bear was on the same shelf of the decorative items.   I guess they thoght it was reasin because it was very solid and heavey