News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Any spammers?

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2014, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:o What was that Indian matchmaking thing?  (shocking stuff!)
Why did they get here?

brontodocus

Luckily those spamful posts were deleted very quickly, apparently. I only noticed it because the posts were reported to us moderators, when I checked they were already gone. And by the way, thanks to all members who report spam to us, it really helps a lot! :)

AnimalToyForum

Yeah, you'd be surprised how many spammers and spambots get through and need to be deleted. Usually we snub them out quickly, but I've been a bit preoccupied with non-forum business recently and so haven't been as vigilant as I usually am.

By the way, if you spot any posts that look even remotely like spam, don't click. Firstly it is is a risk to you, and secondly it just encourages the spammers to to what they do. If spamming generates clicks they will keep at it.

postsaurischian

:o

Well, thanks to the moderators for all the work you have with that!
    That was quite annoying. Sometimes I don't know what to think of the human kind.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2014, 12:09:41 PM
:o

Well, thanks to the moderators for all the work you have with that!
    That was quite annoying. Sometimes I don't know what to think of the human kind.

Sometimes they aren't human ;) Although the spambots are programmed by humans, so they are human by proxy, I suppose...  ;D

SpittersForEver

If you don't mind me asking, what are clicks?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: SpittersForEver on May 05, 2014, 08:24:55 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what are clicks?

Clicks are when you click links.

SpittersForEver

Yutyrannus

I reported something like this to the moderators on the DTF, it gets really annoying that these things continue to be posted. Thanks animaltoyforum, brontodocus and all other moderators on this forum for deleting these posts so quickly :).
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton

sauroid

i report them as soon as i spot them