News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2013

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 19, 2012, 03:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Swan with cygnets

Super pretty :)

Texas Longhorn Bull

Ram

Goat

Some of these are great looking...others, not so :-\ This baby crocodile speaks for itself...

Schleich Sealion

Schleich Seaturtle

Schleich Seals

Schleich Blue Shark

Schleich Blue Whale

Schleich Bottlenose Dolphin

Schleich Koala

Schleich Grizzlies

Schleich Black Panther

Schleich Blue and Gold Macaw

Schleich Hyacinth Macaw

Schleich chimps

Schleich Hippos

Schleich Beaver

Schleich Otter

Schleich Red Squirrel

AnimalToyForum

Yes, that baby crocodile is wonderful  :))

sbell

So no adder then...maybe it will show up elsewhere.

I remember when Schleich was the most exciting company every year...now, they just don't grab my attention.

Jetoar

Blue sharks is very beautiful and different to the oldest version. I like the new bears because they have a lot of details and they are more accurate than the older version. Schleich are doing beautiful figures currently.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

critter

Quote from: sbell on December 19, 2012, 05:09:56 PM

I remember when Schleich was the most exciting company every year...now, they just don't grab my attention.

It's true. I think this year is better than last for sure, but these aren't wowing me like the CollectA and Mojo models.

p.s. I think the rumor that schleich would be releasing an Adder was based off a misreading of Otter. That's the impression I got over at STS at least.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: critter on December 19, 2012, 06:59:47 PM

It's true. I think this year is better than last for sure, but these aren't wowing me like the CollectA and Mojo models.

p.s. I think the rumor that schleich would be releasing an Adder was based off a misreading of Otter. That's the impression I got over at STS at least.
Like I said, there isn't a picture released yet. Also, it is supposed to be a LATE 2013 RELEASE.
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton

sbell

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 22, 2012, 05:16:30 AM

Like I said, there isn't a picture released yet. Also, it is supposed to be a LATE 2013 RELEASE.

Schleich has released their photos for all of 2013--no snakes at all. Even in September (the latest they do releases). There is indeed an otter, but it is an early 2013 release.

tyrantqueen

There's no need to shout at him. Where did you find out about Schleich releasing an Adder?

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2012, 06:44:18 AM

There's no need to shout at him. Where did you find out about Schleich releasing an Adder?
Actually, I wasn't shouting, I was trying to make it stand out more. I dont know how to bold anything so the only way for me to do this is to capitalize. Also, I found out about it on another forum with a complete list of EVERYTHING from Schleich in 2013. And no, it was not the otter mistranslated, as the otter AND adder were both on the list.
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton

sbell

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 22, 2012, 07:14:18 AM

Actually, I wasn't shouting, I was trying to make it stand out more. I dont know how to bold anything so the only way for me to do this is to capitalize. Also, I found out about it on another forum with a complete list of EVERYTHING from Schleich in 2013. And no, it was not the otter mistranslated, as the otter AND adder were both on the list.

It's not listed on their website. Ergo, I have my doubts that it is coming.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sbell on December 22, 2012, 04:42:42 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 22, 2012, 07:14:18 AM

It's not listed on their website. Ergo, I have my doubts that it is coming.
If you want to know how to bold words, simply highlight the word/s by dragging the cursor, and then click the B button in the top left hand corner.

Jetoar

I have seen the new models of schleich and I think that they have done good replies and accurate models  ;).

Vinyl Scratch

I want the Seals, Macaws and that Otter :D

AnimalToyForum

Jetoar

Ooooooh the new macaws. I like them but Safari versions are better, from my point of view but these figures are not bad  ^-^.

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on January 18, 2013, 07:48:16 PM
Ooooooh the new macaws. I like them but Safari versions are better, from my point of view but these figures are not bad  ^-^.

I have to agree--my Safari Hyacinth macaw is gorgeous, and sculpted very well. The Schleich is good, but looks less real somehow.

Varanus

Quote from: sbell on January 18, 2013, 11:36:12 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on January 18, 2013, 07:48:16 PM

I have to agree--my Safari Hyacinth macaw is gorgeous, and sculpted very well. The Schleich is good, but looks less real somehow.

I think it has something to do with the position of the wings on these Schleich figures. :-\

pachyrhinosaurus

Some of these new Schleich animals are very good, and its hard to decide on which to buy first. I have noticed, though, that new Schleich animals, like this year are either great (chimps) or poorly done(panther). The older models (2009-ish) were of a constant level of quality in the sculpts. I wonder if anything has happened to cause this.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: pachyrhinosaurus on January 21, 2013, 01:22:33 AM
Some of these new Schleich animals are very good, and its hard to decide on which to buy first. I have noticed, though, that new Schleich animals, like this year are either great (chimps) or poorly done(panther). The older models (2009-ish) were of a constant level of quality in the sculpts. I wonder if anything has happened to cause this.
I'm guessing it might be because they're using more than one sculptor for this years sculpts. Either that, or they are trying to target different markets with several styles of figure- childish styles for young children, most sophisticated for collectors etc.

pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 21, 2013, 06:48:28 AM
Quote from: pachyrhinosaurus on January 21, 2013, 01:22:33 AM
I'm guessing it might be because they're using more than one sculptor for this years sculpts. Either that, or they are trying to target different markets with several styles of figure- childish styles for young children, most sophisticated for collectors etc.
That could be, as some do seem to have large eyes. Others, as you said, could appeal to both Children and adult collectors, like the very realistic chimpanzee. This year's white hare (and last year's hedgegog) appear to be a comproise between the two, where it is a different species for Adult collectors, but a familliar animal for children.