News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pleased to meet you!

Started by Valinor, February 28, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valinor

Hi all,

My daughters Joyce & Anouk have been collecting Schleich since 2004. It all started with a couple of horse models and a catalogue that my husband, their father, brought them as a present from a business trip abroad. The booklet showed them so many other models that they liked too, that the collecting virus hit them there and then.

Ever since, my husband and I have been helping the girls get the models they wanted. To show the growing collection, and keep a nice overview ourselves, I built a website for the collection.

Although I am not a real collector at heart, I kind of got sucked in by browsing all the catalogues, trying to find out which variants there are, eBay bidding, andsoforth. The indexing of the models appeals to my sense of order, and as I have been very interested in all animals my whole life, this collection presents a nice combination of the two.

The collection was originally started by Joyce and Anouk, but now it's great to enjoy this hobby with the four of us together!

Best regards,
Caroline
www.valinor.nl/schleich
this website shows our collection of animal models within the Schleich® concept "World of Nature"

AnimalToyForum

Welcome Caroline, nice to meet you!  :) You are very welcome to share your website if you like? I'm sure many members would be interested.

Valinor

thank you, animaltoyforum!
our website is mentioned in the signature, it's: http://www.valinor.nl/schleich
www.valinor.nl/schleich
this website shows our collection of animal models within the Schleich® concept "World of Nature"

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Valinor on February 28, 2014, 06:48:59 PM
thank you, animaltoyforum!
our website is mentioned in the signature, it's: http://www.valinor.nl/schleich

Oh, yes, I see it now! Thanks for sharing!

Edit - You also might enjoy or even contribute to the 'Animal Toys Catalogue' thread here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=382.0

brontodocus

Hello Caroline, and welcome to the Animal Toy Forum from me, too! :) I've just seen that you have given your figures individual names (and you even have an elephant named "Mandela" 8) ). Great website, too!

Valinor

Thank you, Brontodocus, for your welcome and your compliment on our website!
Yes, many of the models in our collection have been named by our daughters. The collection originally started out as toys for the girls when they were still little, and at that time they named their animals to play with them. As it was fun to try and find suitable names (or funny ones, names of relatives for animals they resembled  ;), etc), and because they remembered the models by their names, we kept on doing that even after the girls had hit the age they stopped playing with them. Although we are quite behind with photographing new additions, also the naming of each individual newly added model remains on our to-do-list. So we still have quite a bit of work to do!
www.valinor.nl/schleich

Jetoar

Hello and welcome to ATF new friend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures