News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATF 2014 Banner

Started by Ikessauro, January 02, 2014, 12:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Hi guys
As some of you might know, I started a trend of changing the DTF banner every year; I have been designing the Dinosaur Toy Forum Banner for the past 3 years or so, mostly using the new releases to illustrate it. I was asked by some members over DTF to give it a try on the ATF banner, Dr. Adam agrees with it and if you guys don't mind I'll make the banner and post it here. I need your help though, because I don't really collect much extant animals and I'm not aware of what is being release in 2014 or what are the best models that deserve to be on the banner. I'd like you to post here pictures of 2014 models with the respective name of the animal and brand so I can use them to put the banner together. Please, good resolution pics only.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 02, 2014, 12:52:17 PM
Hi guys
As some of you might know, I started a trend of changing the DTF banner every year; I have been designing the Dinosaur Toy Forum Banner for the past 3 years or so, mostly using the new releases to illustrate it. I was asked by some members over DTF to give it a try on the ATF banner, Dr. Adam agrees with it and if you guys don't mind I'll make the banner and post it here. I need your help though, because I don't really collect much extant animals and I'm not aware of what is being release in 2014 or what are the best models that deserve to be on the banner. I'd like you to post here pictures of 2014 models with the respective name of the animal and brand so I can use them to put the banner together. Please, good resolution pics only.

Great! I'm sure our members will pick some suitable new releases for you to use! :) Many thanks Ikessauro!

stemturtle

Due to its popularity, I nominate the olm from the Safari Cave Dwellers Toob.
The image is from the catalog, and could be replaced after the release with a sharper photo.

Olm, Proteus anguinus (Safari Ltd.)

tyrantqueen

Here are some models I liked:

The seahorse is from Schleich, and the sun bear is from Mojo.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

tyrantqueen

Oh, and some shells in the background (like how there are butterflies in the current one)

Jetoar

One of aniamals that I think  ^-^.

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

OkapiBoy

Just like in their prehistoric collection, this year is Collecta's with so many beautiful and unusual animals to choose from! ^-^ It make it really hard :D
For me
CollectA - African Wild Ass, Water buffalo, Pygmy hippo, and some of their marine animals are also a good contender

Mojo - some of the monkeys, the the beautiful sun bear
Schleich - Panda, Gull and puffin
Safari - the only one I like is the peccary, the others are all recycled stuff and not exciting at all
Papo - well, I have to see photos yet ^-^

Thanks for doing this for the ATF ;)

Ikessauro

I already started the banner, but still need more models/photos. Thanks guys,

bmathison1972

Don't forget the Japanese colleagues :). If you go here: http://www.capsuleq.in/m/index.htm

and click on the one with the mouse (it will be released late Feb 2014) there are some nice choices. Maybe one of the fish (#8 or #9).

Note, this is the only set on that page for 2014; all other animal sets were 2013 or earlier.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 10, 2014, 11:32:49 AM
Don't forget the Japanese colleagues :). If you go here: http://www.capsuleq.in/m/index.htm

and click on the one with the mouse (it will be released late Feb 2014) there are some nice choices. Maybe one of the fish (#8 or #9).

Note, this is the only set on that page for 2014; all other animal sets were 2013 or earlier.
The caterpillar and crab sets are really beautiful.

stemturtle

Thanks, bmathison1972, for mentioning the date.  I have changed the date of issue for the pseudoscorpion to 2013. 
The label had an ad for a silver charm dated 2014, which I mistook for the entire label.  Now I see the correct date is hidden inside of a circle.
I am also grateful to you for providing links to sellers.

Back on topic, I am surprised that you did not nominate an arthropod for the new banner.  How about the water flea?

bmathison1972

Quote from: stemturtle on January 10, 2014, 02:41:35 PM

Thanks, bmathison1972, for mentioning the date.  I have changed the date of issue for the pseudoscorpion to 2013. 
The label had an ad for a silver charm dated 2014, which I mistook for the entire label.  Now I see the correct date is hidden inside of a circle.
I am also grateful to you for providing links to sellers.

Back on topic, I am surprised that you did not nominate an arthropod for the new banner.  How about the water flea?

Haha. I didnt nominate an arthropod because I didnt want to appear too biased haha. If you want an arthropod in your banner, the giant water bug in that same set would probably be a better match (at least in terms of aesthetics-the water flea may be too transparent/white). another possibility is the giant isopod from Safari's creatures of the deep Toob.

bmathison1972

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 10, 2014, 01:29:18 PM

The caterpillar and crab sets are really beautiful.

The caterpillar set is very nice but the crab set it outstanding. I like them even more than the Yujin crabs!

stemturtle

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 10, 2014, 03:21:44 PM
Haha. I didnt nominate an arthropod because I didnt want to appear too biased haha. If you want an arthropod in your banner, the giant water bug in that same set would probably be a better match (at least in terms of aesthetics-the water flea may be too transparent/white). another possibility is the giant isopod from Safari's creatures of the deep Toob.

I agree with your suggestion for the new banner.

Giant Water Bug (Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum)

AnimalToyForum

How about the Mojo ring tail lemur? Something a bit different from everything suggested before, but just as eye-catching ;)

AnimalToyForum

Any progress to report?  :) O:-) I might have a go at putting something together myself if I get a moment :)

sbell

Man, Japan/Kaiyodo really needs to start going beyond bitterlings and biwa catfish. There are so many options (although they are admittedly improvements on previous attempts)!

tyrantqueen

A few weeks into 2014 and still no new banner :-[ :))

AnimalToyForum

'tis done! I had a few moments today so I drew together all the suggestions. I omitted the shells in the end because they looks off floating around.  :) I don't think it is as good as the 2013 banner but at least it is up to date 8)

sauroid

very cool. too bad there's no reptile though. :)