Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Crocodilia - crocodiles, alligators, caimans & gharials

Started by postsaurischian, December 11, 2012, 07:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

postsaurischian

:)  After more than a year I finally found the time for a new walk-around.
        The five Tennoji Zoo figures have just been released. This is one of the two gems from the set.

Alligator sinensis ~ Chinese Alligator

~ • ~
                                               next to Kaiyodo Animatales: Amazing Animals No.12 ~ Nile Crocodile

AnimalToyForum

We missed your walk-arounds! Glad to see you back. :)

Kaiyodo miniatures always are good but this one is particularly fine. Great photos as always.

bmathison1972

I agree totally with Adam, both in this figure and missing your walkarounds.
I assume the other gem is the kiwis? Will we see it?  ;)

Beetle guy

Very Nice figurine, would love to see the Kiwi in a walkaround to!
To beetle or not to beetle.

postsaurischian

:D Thank you, guys!

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 02, 2018, 11:14:34 PM
I assume the other gem is the kiwi? Will we see it?  ;)

You're right, of course :) .

Quote from: Beetle guy on October 03, 2018, 08:47:27 AM
....... would love to see the Kiwi in a walkaround too!

The Kiwi is here.

postsaurischian

^-^  Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Wild Rush II (South America)

Caiman crocodilus ~ Spectacled caiman

It's amazing how different light and different background can change the colour of a figure.

bmathison1972

Wonderful, nice that this one is marketed at the species level. Safari is releasing one this year, but in their description they are calling a 'Caiman, Genus Caiman and Melanosuchus' so they are not attempting a species-level designation (although the morphology suggests something other than C. crocodilus).

Beetle guy

Great figurine! And indeed what a colour chance with different light. Thanks for the walkaround!
To beetle or not to beetle.

AnimalToyForum

This line is excellent, who would've though Kaiyodo could raise their game.

Advicot

Don't I take long uploading photos!

Advicot

If this figure was larger I would definitely add it to my collection. :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Advicot on November 19, 2019, 04:34:07 PM
If this figure was larger I would definitely add it to my collection. :)

Yeah I have it, and while I like it, I must admit it's a bit small compared to the other crocodilians in my collection

JimoAi

Mojo_Crocodile_side_387162__51587.1543807722.jpg anyone knows how long is the mojo crocodile stretched out and anyone has it compared to Papo's alligator

MudpupWaterdog

Since I haven't seen anyone post it here on the forum, here's my addition to the Crocodilia thread: the 1996 Safari "Giant Alligator," which appears to have been cast from a real specimen.

"Giant" sure is correct. At 3 feet/almost a meter long (even longer if you stretch out the tail), this has got to be the biggest plastic animal toy that Safari has produced, and possibly one of the largest hard plastic animal toys anyone's made. Here's me in my best Steve Irwin outfit for scale:

Its size makes it inconvenient to display, but I've had it since 1996. Truly a magnificent beast.

stargatedalek

That... that thing is incredible.

It's the exact thing I've been wishing existed for years.

New #1 grail item...

Gwangi

I was just thinking the same thing as Stargate, add it to my list of Holy Grails. Although an actual taxidermy alligator might be cheaper and easier to find.  :P

MudpupWaterdog

I've looked for another one for years to no avail. I've also never seen anyone else post images of one, so I wonder how many were made and how many are still out there. If it wasn't stamped "GIANT ALLIGATOR 1996 SAFARI" on the bottom, I'd have thought it was just a one-off promotional item that my parents had somehow snagged for me as a child.

Does anyone have a scan of the Safari catalogs from 1996/1997ish? I'd be curious to see what it retailed for, even back then.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Gwangi on February 03, 2022, 11:48:43 PM
I was just thinking the same thing as Stargate, add it to my list of Holy Grails. Although an actual taxidermy alligator might be cheaper and easier to find.  :P
I would have bought a professional cast years ago, if not for material durability. I want a big plastic/rubber alligator cast from the real deal, not a fragile resin cast I can only look at on a shelf.

EpicRaptorMan

The only ones I have is the Schleich Saltwater Crocodile from years past and the Safari Ltd. Black Caiman.

So pretty scarce in that regard.
Interested in getting an American Alligator but I am having trouble finding one I like.