Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Halloween 2024 Reviews

Started by Gwangi, September 22, 2024, 01:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Spooky season is upon us! Is anyone going to participate in featuring some creepy critters on the blog this year? You know, animals associated with Halloween. Spiders, owls, snakes, black cats, bats. Less conventional critters work too. In the past we've had leeches, piranhas, and brain-eating amoebas! Let's get the discussion going!

I have two figures I plan to review this October, with a possible third. For the first weekend of October (the 5th) I plan on posting the Safari long-eared owl. Two weeks after that, on the 19th, I plan on posting the Papo "tarantula" (European wolf spider).

Gwangi- Safari long-eared owl and Papo wolf spider

bmathison1972- PV bats and Papo deaths-head hawkmoth 

Suspsy- CollectA frilled lizard

Sbell- Safari sea lamprey

bmathison1972

Thanks for organizing this Gwangi! I have two planned myself, the Play Visions Bats collection and the Papo deaths-head hawkmoth. I can see if I can fit in another, will just have to see what inspires me.

Gwangi

Great choices! I listed them in the first thread. I put dates down for mine but not yours, if you have specific dates in mind I'll update the post.

sbell

I've been slow to get a certain Safari agnathan written up, so much else going on, but I think its vampiric nature will work for spooky season. I'll figure out a date when I'm on it more. Probably later in the month though .

And I'll see what else I can come up with. I don't really have much in the way of 'conventional' Halloween animals because that's just how it goes.

Saarlooswolfhound

I was planning on doing one but its not finished yet and I don't have a date preference. :)

Gwangi

Quote from: sbell on September 22, 2024, 07:14:48 PMI've been slow to get a certain Safari agnathan written up, so much else going on, but I think its vampiric nature will work for spooky season. I'll figure out a date when I'm on it more. Probably later in the month though .

And I'll see what else I can come up with. I don't really have much in the way of 'conventional' Halloween animals because that's just how it goes.

That would be an excellent addition to the lineup!

suspsy

I will save the CollectA frilled lizard for October.

bmathison1972

I am probably going to post this upcoming weekend, but it won't be a Halloween post. I want to get the last of the Toymany baby animals up. But any other posts of mine in October will be in the theme  :)

Gwangi

I was originally going to post on the 5th but I'm going to wait until the middle of next week instead. It seems like posts get clustered around the weekends and nothing gets posted for the rest of the week. I might permanently switch from weekends to mid-weekdays.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on October 02, 2024, 06:07:27 PMI was originally going to post on the 5th but I'm going to wait until the middle of next week instead. It seems like posts get clustered around the weekends and nothing gets posted for the rest of the week. I might permanently switch from weekends to mid-weekdays.

I have been posting on weekends because my week days lately have been very busy and also for spacing them out evenly. Once the last Toymany baby animal is up, I won't follow such a rigid schedule.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 02, 2024, 10:38:31 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 02, 2024, 06:07:27 PMI was originally going to post on the 5th but I'm going to wait until the middle of next week instead. It seems like posts get clustered around the weekends and nothing gets posted for the rest of the week. I might permanently switch from weekends to mid-weekdays.

I have been posting on weekends because my week days lately have been very busy and also for spacing them out evenly. Once the last Toymany baby animal is up, I won't follow such a rigid schedule.

You can always schedule to the future. The calendar shows a dot where a post is ready to go.
That's usually my move, then I create a draft post on the ATF for the new posts thread and appropriate photo threads in the forum!

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on October 02, 2024, 11:07:51 PM

You can always schedule to the future. The calendar shows a dot where a post is ready to go.
That's usually my move, then I create a draft post on the ATF for the new posts thread and appropriate photo threads in the forum!

Yes I have been scheduling ahead of time with more frequency. Especially the last two weekends when I was out of town for 8 days

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 02, 2024, 11:10:19 PM
Quote from: sbell on October 02, 2024, 11:07:51 PM

Yes I have been scheduling ahead of time with more frequency. Especially the last two weekends when I was out of town for 8 days

It's my favorite. Especially when I was posting so much.

The drafts in advance is just a time saver!

sbell

Okay, so I am almost done the sea lamprey post. Given what it is, it's more in depth than most...not like a lot of other lampreys are going to show up.

So I think I should be able to make time for a couple others--I'm thinking the Schleich Raven to start. Never done a bird. Mainly because I don't normally collect them...but I have that one!

Gwangi

Quote from: sbell on October 06, 2024, 11:36:35 PMOkay, so I am almost done the sea lamprey post. Given what it is, it's more in depth than most...not like a lot of other lampreys are going to show up.

So I think I should be able to make time for a couple others--I'm thinking the Schleich Raven to start. Never done a bird. Mainly because I don't normally collect them...but I have that one!

That's great! I reviewed the Safari raven for Halloween a few years ago.  ^-^

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on October 07, 2024, 12:08:35 AM
Quote from: sbell on October 06, 2024, 11:36:35 PMOkay, so I am almost done the sea lamprey post. Given what it is, it's more in depth than most...not like a lot of other lampreys are going to show up.

That's great! I reviewed the Safari raven for Halloween a few years ago.  ^-^

I saw that! Less work for me!

Also, might be able to make a special mini Schleich raven appearance

bmathison1972

My first Halloween-themed post is in draft and scheduled to go live on Monday, Oct. 14.