News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

“Xenarthrans”

Started by SAgirl2004, July 17, 2024, 12:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAgirl2004

This is a drawing I did of CollectA's brown-throated sloth and giant anteater figures, both of which I own. The sloth has his head turned 270° in this drawing, something sloths can actually do thanks to having extra vertebrae in their neck, an excellent defense mechanism.
IMG_1684.png
I'm a huge fan of South American wildlife.

AnimalToyForum

The picture is a bit too small for us to appreciate. Is this because of the forum's attachment size limit? If so, I can increase it.

EpicRaptorMan

@AnimalToyForum No, I think it's a bug. I looked at one of my posts that I made a few years ago and the attachment I put on was also extremely distorted like what you see here.

Wasn't like that when I posted it

AnimalToyForum

I'm not convinced it's a bug, I think @anteatergirl2004 may have just uploaded a very small image.

@EpicRaptorMan could you point me to the post with the distorted image?

EpicRaptorMan

@AnimalToyForum lol that's embarrassing. I thought I provided a link.

Anyways, here it is on post number five:
https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2896.msg30728#msg30728

bmathison1972

I agree a small image was probably uploaded. Lots of us upload images via various ways and platforms with no issues.

I don't know why most people just don't use Postimages. it's fast, free, and very user friendly (just make sure one selects 'hotlinks for forums' rather than 'thumbnails for forums'

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 17, 2024, 02:39:14 PM@AnimalToyForum lol that's embarrassing. I thought I provided a link.

Anyways, here it is on post number five:
https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2896.msg30728#msg30728

I see. Odd, because the attachment in the directory is perfectly fine, while the image in the post is pixellated. Let me look into it. Is this a one-off or are there other examples?

SAgirl2004

I'm sorry, guys.
I'm new to this forum and I'm not really sure how to post images clearly due to the strict file size requirements.

bmathison1972

Quote from: anteatergirl2004 on July 18, 2024, 02:22:32 PMI'm sorry, guys.
I'm new to this forum and I'm not really sure how to post images clearly due to the strict file size requirements.

I suggest getting a free account with Postimages.
It's super easy to upload images, then just select the 'hotlink for forum options' and then paste (Control V) into the forum message.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 17, 2024, 02:42:39 PMI don't know why most people just don't use Postimages. it's fast, free, and very user friendly (just make sure one selects 'hotlinks for forums' rather than 'thumbnails for forums'
Well for one there was the whole PhotoBucket outrage a handful of years ago that is still devastating forums across the internet — destroying an assortment of valuable information due to corporate greed. And they were seen as the go-to, fast, free, & friendly image hosting site.

SAgirl2004

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 18, 2024, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: anteatergirl2004 on July 18, 2024, 02:22:32 PMI'm sorry, guys.

I suggest getting a free account with Postimages.
It's super easy to upload images, then just select the 'hotlink for forum options' and then paste (Control V) into the forum message.

OK. I will give it a try! Thank you!