News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich 2021 vs. Mojö Fun 2023 Giant Anteater

Started by SAgirl2004, July 09, 2024, 11:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAgirl2004

I own both the Schleich giant anteater from 2021 and the Mojö Fun giant anteater that was released in 2023. Amazingly, they look very similar to each other, especially in design and paintjob. Even an animal toy collector on YouTube that I follow pointed out their similarities.

Similarities:
-They are both painted grey.
-They both have a hint of orange around their eyes.
-The black-and-white stripe on their bodies is V-shaped.
-They both have fluffy tails.

Differences:
-The Schleich model is slightly larger and heavier.
-The Schleich model has faint white front legs and a faint black band above it legs.
-The Mojö Fun model is smaller but more detailed, with more fur detailing, detailing along the snout, and even pawpads.
-The Mojö Fun model has a more pronounced mane along its back.
-The poses between the two are different.
I'm a huge fan of South American wildlife.

Gwangi

This might be of interest! Or is this the video you're talking about?

EpicRaptorMan

The Schleich one is a bit bulky for my liking and the white highlight stripe is very apparent...too apparent. Also another thing I don't like about the Schleich is the head/neck situation. The neck seems to skinny making the back of the skull more apparent.

Papo wins when it comes to texture for me although I agree it is too brown. I haven't seen the Mojo irl, but I feel the fur texture is also suboptimal as it is often for Mojo figures. Also the distance between the front/rear legs is far making the anteater have a limousine-like appearance.

For me:
- Papo with a repaint
- Mojo
- Schleich

I feel like the woman in the video focused too heavily on feet (which I agree are important; especially the front) but totally missed over the white forearms & stripes which I look at for a good anteater figure. Both SafariLtd's and CollectA's models do this better. Bonus points to SafariLtd including an offspring and extended tongue: 1000002311.jpg1000002312.jpg

EpicRaptorMan

1000002318.jpg1000002317.jpg1000002319.jpg
Here are some of the stock photos of 2021 Schleich, Papo, and Mojo for everyone.