News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pilot whale: Safari or Collecta ?

Started by Aeglil, May 24, 2024, 10:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeglil

I've recently purchased the short-finned pilot whale release by Collecta (,I admit I have a weakness for that brand).

Today I picked up my package at the post office, and when I opened it, I was disappointed. The pilot whale is oversized!  Too big and stocky, especially when I compare it to my 2004 Schleich orca model or my Collecta Minke whale. I wonder why Collect's models of cetaceans are so disproportionate in size (the narwhal and the Pacific white-sided dolphin, for instance, are too large).
Besides, it's too light in color.

I hesitated for a long time between the pilot whale produced by Collecta and the older one released by Safari.
I opted for the Collecta model because I found it more realistic from an anatomical point of view. Although I knew it was big, I didn't expect him to be that oversized.

I still have the possibility to return it to the online store, and order a Safari model instead. But I'm not too sure.

Which model do you prefer and why?