News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Moose: Collecta or Schleich ?

Started by Aeglil, May 22, 2024, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeglil

Hi there,

I am the happy owner of a moose from Collecta. I know that Schleich released its own version.
My heart is torn between the two models

Schleich's replica seems to have a more majestic posture.
But Collecta's version looks more in line with reality in terms of anatomy and paintjob.

Is it worth replacing my Collecta with a Schleich ?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Aeglil on May 22, 2024, 05:05:23 PMHi there,

I am the happy owner of a moose from Collecta. I know that Schleich released its own version.
My heart is torn between the two models

Schleich's replica seems to have a more majestic posture.
But Collecta's version looks more in line with reality in terms of anatomy and paintjob.

Is it worth replacing my Collecta with a Schleich ?

Ooooo. this is a toughie. I have CollectA's, and bought it before the most recent Schleich was produced, but if I had to choose today it would be a tough call and I might favor Schleich. Good news though, is you can't go wrong either way I think.

Aeglil

The only thing that bothers me with the Schleich version is that the legs are not white. I'm no qn expert when it comes to moose. I only know the Eurasian subspecies (or species ?) has these white legs, but it might be different with the neoarctic subspecies.

Gwangi

I reviewed Schleich's for the blog and reading that might help you decide but the CollectA one isn't on there yet.

There is also this moose buyers guide from Happy Hen Toys.

https://www.happyhentoys.com/toy-bull-moose-buying-guide.html#:~:text=Moose%20Bull%20Toy%20Overview%3A&text=All%20of%20them%20are%20very,are%20based%20on%20personal%20preference.

Saarlooswolfhound

Moose in North America don't have white legs. I was the opposite of you, when Schleich's cow and calf set came out I was shocked to see the white legs and white on the face, but learned that this is normal for European populations!

Aeglil

Quote from: Gwangi on May 22, 2024, 06:45:56 PMI reviewed Schleich's for the blog and reading that might help you decide but the CollectA one isn't on there yet.

There is also this moose buyers guide from Happy Hen Toys.

https://www.happyhentoys.com/toy-bull-moose-buying-guide.html#:~:text=Moose%20Bull%20Toy%20Overview%3A&text=All%20of%20them%20are%20very,are%20based%20on%20personal%20preference.

Papo's rendition looks impressive. But isn't it a little bit oversized ? I wonder how it would look next to Collecta's wapiti new model.

EpicRaptorMan

I have the old Schleich moose bull. And while some of these are better, I am still content with mine

Aeglil

All things considered, I ordered the toy model produced by Schleich.

Since I ordered the Collecta's figurine not long ago, I still have the option of returning it to the online store.

I'm not a big fan of the dynamic posture displayed by Papo's version.
Sometimes it works better with me (Collecta's newly released alpine ibex is in my humble opinion way superior to Schleich's more traditional model), and other times it doesn't.

The majestic static posture of the version released by Schleich wins my favor.