News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Diving trip to the Philippines

Started by SerAndrew, March 12, 2024, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerAndrew

Hi!

The last two weeks I've been in the Philippines for a (mostly) dive trip.
The star of the show were the threser sharks that can be seen near Malapascua island (Kimud and Moad Shoal sites).

They normally live quite deep, but there are two (actually the only known) cleaning stations there, with thousands of labrids waiting for their moving meal, so threshers go there in the early morning, and that's when you can find them.
We were quite lucky and saw several of them every day!

Apart from that, well, reef life in the Coral Triangle, which is supposed to be the place on Earth with the largest biodiversity, so hundreds of fish species, sea kraits, turtles, other species of sharks...

I was unable to film the smallest ones, like pigmy seahorses, gosht pipefish and others, with good quality, but I collected the best shots in the video I'm sharing below. Hope you like it and... YES! That's a tiger shark there.

Ah, and I visited a tarsier sanctuary as well!

Please, play it in 4K or a kitten will die of sadness...

There will be another longer video with more species later, I just put here the best shots in terms of video quality. Filming underwater is tricky, specially because of visibility and light conditions.

Hope you like it!

EpicRaptorMan

What species of shark was the first one? The second one shown was a thresher obviously & the third was presumably the tiger shark; although I don't think that would have been my first guess.

SerAndrew

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on March 12, 2024, 04:44:56 PMWhat species of shark was the first one? The second one shown was a thresher obviously & the third was presumably the tiger shark; although I don't think that would have been my first guess.

Reef white tip shark.
Yes, the tiger is the third and the thresher is the pelagic species