News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

epacket from Japan not resuming, please consider us for your Japanese figures

Started by brettnj, February 23, 2024, 02:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

Hey.

Yesterday I asked my source in Japan if epacket, which disappeared at the start of covid, was expected to resume. He found and forwarded this statement...

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/epacket_en.html

As epacket was the least expensive international shipping option, for those countries for which air hasn't resumed either, the considerably more expensive (especially for physically small orders) EMS remains the only option (other than surface which takes several months).

This makes buying from eBay even less desirable than it was prior to the epidemic as shipping costs per individual figure have increased significantly (almost tripled if I recall correctly) since then.

For those buying directly from Japan, all this to say that consolidated shipping is by far the best option for purchasing from that country. To facilitate maximum savings, my source and I allow orders to build for up to 6 months. The amounts of money saved on shipping for very large orders are enormous.

I've been doing this for almost 10 years, five with one source and approaching five with a second. We have over 150 names on our mailing list (which we use daily to keep collectors updated on new releases and rare/desirable finds) and are building large orders for dozens of individuals at any given time.

As we can always use more business and I believe in addition to savings on shipping we provide more and better customer service than any entity of which I'm aware, I'd, now more than before the news about epacket, encourage anyone buying elsewhere, especially from a source that does not offer combined shipping, to PM requesting a paste detailing how we work.

Thanks.
Brett