Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set

Started by Saarlooswolfhound, December 31, 2023, 03:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saarlooswolfhound

ALL the big cats! I was SO thrilled to get these finally today in the mail. There is a set of big cats with one adult and one cub (the cheetahs, jaguars, tigers, and the standing male lion and sitting cub) and then a set of a lion pride with the sitting adult male, lying down lioness, walking lioness, standing cub, and sitting cub. I have featured the cubs set (pairs of two with white coats, normal coats, and melanistic coats) of cubs. Here we go!

All the new ones together

My large pride of lions together

Adults compared with similar adults (Schleich and Mojo)

All the tigers together

The adult is really nice mostly. It has a very short neck, and on my models the eyes are odd looking when viewed from head on.

But look fine in profile

And then next to the CollectA adult

Cheetahs!

The cub is the let down here sadly... The paint application didn't match too well with the sculpting but its hard for me to see where the ridges etc. even are so I guess I can understand what happened here.

I am really fond of the adult though. The minor adjustments in the posture make it look much more natural than the usual just standing and looking *right/left* of other models.

Ok, now for the jaguars! Why is there is a leopard you ask? For comparison. ;) These were not noted what they were, and I wondered because the photos online didn't really reveal what they were supposed to be. But having them in hand, obviously the adult is a jaguar, at least to my eyes.

Now... These other cubs I originally listed as leopards because of their skull shape. In reality it can be very difficult to ID cubs of young ages because they are quite similar to leopards... any thoughts on if these really are leopard cubs or should be jaguar instead?

My two adult male lions sadly came with some small scuffs in the dark part of the mane which was a bit disappointing... but otherwise these are really nice models! I don't get too excited about "common" species like this anymore, I really have been excited to admire these.