News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ISO Yellow-Shelled New-Ray Snail

Started by snailtime, December 16, 2023, 10:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snailtime

[Edit: I located the brown-shelled New Ray snail and am now only searching for the yellow-shelled one :D]

Hello! I collect land snails and slugs and one of the things I've been searching for is the yellow-shelled snail made by New-Ray in the 90s. There are two color variations and I'm searching for the one with the yellow shell. Does anyone have one and would be willing to sell or trade? Please let me know.

BlueKrono

I've been searching for the New Ray thorn bug for many years and have never found one. I think most people who have them don't know what they are.
I like turtles.

snailtime

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 17, 2023, 07:03:37 AMI've been searching for the New Ray thorn bug for many years and have never found one. I think most people who have them don't know what they are.

I agree, I think the best chances of coming across the New-Ray insects and snails will probably be through random insect toy lots on eBay. Not sure why these figurines in particular are so rare. I don't think I've ever seen any of the New-Ray insects.

Any idea if these figurines are branded at the bottom? If they don't say "New-Ray" anywhere on them that doesn't help.

If I do happen to come across the thorn bug by some miracle you'll be the first person I tell  :)

BlueKrono

Quote from: snailtime on December 17, 2023, 08:47:40 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 17, 2023, 07:03:37 AMI've been searching for the New Ray thorn bug for many years and have never found one. I think most people who have them don't know what they are.

I agree, I think the best chances of coming across the New-Ray insects and snails will probably be through random insect toy lots on eBay. Not sure why these figurines in particular are so rare. I don't think I've ever seen any of the New-Ray insects.

Any idea if these figurines are branded at the bottom? If they don't say "New-Ray" anywhere on them that doesn't help.

If I do happen to come across the thorn bug by some miracle you'll be the first person I tell  :)

I'm not sure... I don't own one yet! If I come across those snails I'll let you know. Maybe we'll get lucky and find them and thorny in the same place.
I like turtles.

snailtime

Editing this post since I just acquired the brown-shelled snail by New Ray! :D I am still searching for the yellow-shelled one but overjoyed that my search is half-way complete!

To answer my previous question, the snails do say New Ray on the bottom but the text is almost indecipherable, either due to wear on my particular figure or due to the mold that was used (hard to say). Only the year is legible - 1995.

snailtime

I just want you to know that I've been searching for that thorn bug for you this whole time while I snail hunt! A few months ago I saw the New Ray cicada and centipede come up on eBay. I thought about buying them but someone else snatched them pretty fast. I've also found the New Ray praying mantis. It seems the New Ray bugs do pop up from time to time. Hopefully I'll find your thorn bug next!  ;D

BlueKrono

Quote from: snailtime on June 20, 2024, 02:54:20 AM

I just want you to know that I've been searching for that thorn bug for you this whole time while I snail hunt! A few months ago I saw the New Ray cicada and centipede come up on eBay. I thought about buying them but someone else snatched them pretty fast. I've also found the New Ray praying mantis. It seems the New Ray bugs do pop up from time to time. Hopefully I'll find your thorn bug next!  ;D

Much appreciated, friend! I thought I had one a couple years ago, but it was the same sculpt, different color. Mine is tan, but still looking for that green. I also found the PV thorn bug. The PV lanternfly is currently my most wanted invertebrate.
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

I am also interested in the New-ray mantis and centipede if you guys see one and have it or aren't intrested!

snailtime

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 20, 2024, 12:45:20 PMI am also interested in the New-ray mantis and centipede if you guys see one and have it or aren't intrested!

You can have my mantis. I was holding it as my hostage hoping it might be useful for a trade involving the yellow-shelled New Ray snail, but I think the chance of someone specifically wanting to trade snail for mantis are slim. If someone does come forward wanting to trade, hopefully they'll be interested in some of the other things I have. Please PM me your mailing address when you have the chance  :D