News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Best humpback whale figure

Started by JimoAi, October 01, 2023, 08:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

I alwpuld like to get a humpback whale for my marine shelf but I am lost at which one should I go for especially I also own the Papo Sperm and Blue whale. There's several options which I'll get through their pros and cons

CollectA:
too small

Mojo 2012:
tad too small but may work as a male, tail stock may be too thin but otherwise seems good

Papo:
Size is perfect but I feel it's too stout

Safari ltd (wild safari):
Too small

Safari ltd Monterey bay:
Too large and expensive

Schleich/MnB:

ABIT too large and has proportion issues

sphyrna18

Hands down, of the "regular" sized options, the Monterey Bay Aquarium figure blows the others away.  It is large and impressive on display, and elegant in sculpt.  And, as far as I can tell, it is being retired soon.  Other than that, I have never really liked the Papo Humpback or the Schleich/Mojo Deluxe/MnB figure for basically the same reasons you mention.  The Mojo 2012 figure is probably your best bet if the MBA figure is too large & expensive.  I can't think of another that doesn't have sculpt issues.

EpicRaptorMan

I'm very size conscious, especially about the whales. So I went with Mojo. It's not the best, but if you want to repaint it a little it can be a lot better.

I do have the papo humpback well too, but with a broken fin. If anyone wants it for dirt cheap then lmk.
https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Papo_56001_Humpback_Whale