News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shark Week July 23-30

Started by bmathison1972, June 18, 2023, 01:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: sbell on July 03, 2023, 07:08:58 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2023, 06:54:28 PM
Quote from: sbell on July 03, 2023, 05:57:15 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2023, 05:55:52 PMThrilled to see that we've got a full week of shark reviews now scheduled. Looking forward to it all.

My CollectA sharks should be arriving today so I will review them for next week instead of those two Safari figures. Better get started soon!

Why not all of them?  :))

Don't tempt me to try! 

The CollectA sharks DID arrive today.  ^-^

Tempting...tempting... >:D

That was really fast! I gave in and ordered the angel shark and Hadrosaurus alone--had to take advantage of the 30% off!
But I didn't spring for the fast ship this time...it would have cost more than the two figures!

As it were, I have now loaded and scheduled the flat shark as well. I suppose I could make time for one more but probably won't for that week!

I got the Hadrosaurus too, and also did not choose fast shipping. They still got here fast.

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2023, 09:36:49 PM
Quote from: sbell on July 03, 2023, 07:08:58 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2023, 06:54:28 PM
Quote from: sbell on July 03, 2023, 05:57:15 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2023, 05:55:52 PMThrilled to see that we've got a full week of shark reviews now scheduled. Looking forward to it all.

My CollectA sharks should be arriving today so I will review them for next week instead of those two Safari figures. Better get started soon!

Why not all of them?  :))

Don't tempt me to try! 

The CollectA sharks DID arrive today.  ^-^

Tempting...tempting... >:D

That was really fast! I gave in and ordered the angel shark and Hadrosaurus alone--had to take advantage of the 30% off!
But I didn't spring for the fast ship this time...it would have cost more than the two figures!

As it were, I have now loaded and scheduled the flat shark as well. I suppose I could make time for one more but probably won't for that week!

I got the Hadrosaurus too, and also did not choose fast shipping. They still got here fast.

That gives me hope... maybe won't take too long

Gwangi

We might have a problem people. According to Discovery's website Shark Week is July 23rd-30th, not the 11th-18th. That's my mistake but there are a few websites claiming it's the 11th-18th. Obviously Discovery is the one to trust. I double checked because it didn't make sense that Shark Week would begin on a Tuesday. Glad I did!

Going to tag everyone that has dates claimed. @bmathison1972 @sbell @suspsy @Alopias superciliosus @JimoAi

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2023, 12:03:25 AMWe might have a problem people. According to Discovery's website Shark Week is July 23rd-30th, not the 11th-18th. That's my mistake but there are a few websites claiming it's the 11th-18th. Obviously Discovery is the one to trust. I double checked because it didn't make sense that Shark Week would begin on a Tuesday. Glad I did!

Going to tag everyone that has dates claimed. @bmathison1972 @sbell @suspsy @Alopias superciliosus @JimoAi

Okay... I'll switch mine! Still need the Friday (the 28th). The other I can squeeze elsewhere

bmathison1972

It's easy as it's the same number of days.

I edited the first post; Sean, yours are now on July 24 and 26.  OK?

There is one issue with the new schedule and that is I will not have Blog email access July 24-27

@suspsy @Alopias superciliosus - please get your reviews in BEFORE 7/24 so I can at least get them in draft form

@JimoAi - yours is already in Draft :)

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 04, 2023, 12:29:25 AMIt's easy as it's the same number of days.

There is one issue with the new schedule and that is I will not have Blog email access July 24-27

@suspsy @Alopias superciliosus - please get your reviews in BEFORE 7/24 so I can at least get them in draft form

Mine needs to be the 28th--otherwise the flat shark Friday doesn't make sense

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on July 04, 2023, 12:31:14 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 04, 2023, 12:29:25 AMIt's easy as it's the same number of days.

OK; I will switch you and @Alopias superciliosus - you can have 7/28, and A.s. can have 7/26

The first post has been updated; let me know if anyone has an issue with anything

@suspsy - yours is now on 7/30 and I'll have Blog email access again on 7/28, so I should have time for yours, so you probably don't need to get yours in by 7/24

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 04, 2023, 12:32:37 AM
Quote from: sbell on July 04, 2023, 12:31:14 AM

OK; I will switch you and @Alopias superciliosus - you can have 7/28, and A.s. can have 7/26

The first post has been updated; let me know if anyone has an issue with anything

@suspsy - yours is now on 7/30 and I'll have Blog email access again on 7/28, so I should have time for yours, so you probably don't need to get yours in by 7/24

Thanks for that. I didn't need to have them so close!

Alopias superciliosus

Date change understood; I'll get mine in before 7/24!

sbell

I'm glad we found out today. The original dates had me super motivated and I got both done over the weekend!

suspsy

I have just submitted my Shark Week review! I still won't divulge what it is, but it's a true whopper!

sbell

Quote from: suspsy on July 11, 2023, 04:10:26 PMI have just submitted my Shark Week review! I still won't divulge what it is, but it's a true whopper!

Mmmm...shark burger...

JimoAi

Quote from: suspsy on July 11, 2023, 04:10:26 PMI have just submitted my Shark Week review! I still won't divulge what it is, but it's a true whopper!

GG guess it's the Papo great white. If so, looking forward to read it as I have a strong love-hate relationship with it depending on how I feel

suspsy

It is not by any of the usual companies.

bmathison1972

Shark Week is a week away. Reviews by @JimoAi @sbell @suspsy and myself are built in Draft and scheduled for their appropriate dates. Gwangi will have his ready, no worries

@Alopias superciliosus - will you have yours this week? I need it by Sunday, 7/23 to ensure it gets built in draft on time as I won't have access to Blog email Mon-Thursday evening

Gwangi

My reviews are complete and pictures taken.  8)

Alopias superciliosus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 18, 2023, 11:06:48 PMShark Week is a week away. Reviews by @JimoAi @sbell @suspsy and myself are built in Draft and scheduled for their appropriate dates. Gwangi will have his ready, no worries

@Alopias superciliosus - will you have yours this week? I need it by Sunday, 7/23 to ensure it gets built in draft on time as I won't have access to Blog email Mon-Thursday evening

Yes, I've been working on it but not ready yet; sorry I'm a bit behind! I'll get it over to you by Saturday night!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Alopias superciliosus on July 18, 2023, 11:32:19 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 18, 2023, 11:06:48 PMShark Week is a week away. Reviews by @JimoAi @sbell @suspsy and myself are built in Draft and scheduled for their appropriate dates. Gwangi will have his ready, no worries

Yes, I've been working on it but not ready yet; sorry I'm a bit behind! I'll get it over to you by Saturday night!

Thank you!  ;D

bmathison1972

Thank you all for another fun and successful Shark Week! We got a lot of variety, both taxonomic, as well as manufacturer and medium! Although I am not sure how we got by with 8 shark reviews without a single figure by  by Safari  :o , however! I suspect that won't be the same next year!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 30, 2023, 06:56:08 PMThank you all for another fun and successful Shark Week! We got a lot of variety, both taxonomic, as well as manufacturer and medium! Although I am not sure how we got by with 8 shark reviews without a single figure by  by Safari  :o , however! I suspect that won't be the same next year!

That is strange. Probably because of release timing. They're either out far ahead (salmon shark) or behind (silky shark) and get reviewed right away