News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Yowie - New for 2023

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2023, 02:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 07, 2023, 04:41:59 AMI guess that shouldn't be surprising considering we're coming up on Easter. I also won't be buying any of these as eggs, but there's a couple that I might be willing to trade for. I'll get the OP updated.

Thanks for adding pics to the first post, Tim!

Gwangi

Came across the Baby Animal series at a local Walmart today. My wife insisted we grab four of them, she loves these things. Ended up with the loggerhead sea turtle, finless porpoise, and Cuban crocodile. All babies of course. The fourth egg was one of the Yowie characters, so it was basically worthless. Figures are all nice, really wish they were adult animals though. I might review them for the blog. I imagine the sea turtle must be about 1/1 scale which is fun.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2023, 12:02:49 AMCame across the Baby Animal series at a local Walmart today. My wife insisted we grab four of them, she loves these things. Ended up with the loggerhead sea turtle, finless porpoise, and Cuban crocodile. All babies of course. The fourth egg was one of the Yowie characters, so it was basically worthless. Figures are all nice, really wish they were adult animals though. I might review them for the blog. I imagine the sea turtle must be about 1/1 scale which is fun.

I am still on the fence about these, but maybe the glider and frogfish

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 28, 2023, 12:27:08 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2023, 12:02:49 AMCame across the Baby Animal series at a local Walmart today. My wife insisted we grab four of them, she loves these things. Ended up with the loggerhead sea turtle, finless porpoise, and Cuban crocodile. All babies of course. The fourth egg was one of the Yowie characters, so it was basically worthless. Figures are all nice, really wish they were adult animals though. I might review them for the blog. I imagine the sea turtle must be about 1/1 scale which is fun.

I am still on the fence about these, but maybe the glider and frogfish

I think I would ultimately like to track down the following. The only ones I want for the sake of them being a baby is the cassowary and sea turtle. For all the rest I would have preferred adults.

Yellow-bellied glider
Giant Frogfish
Southern cassowary
Visayan warty pig
North African hedgehog
Silvery lutung
Short-beaked echidna