News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My Animal Models: Andean Bear

Started by pachyrhinosaurus, August 24, 2022, 03:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pachyrhinosaurus

I've been making animal models for a few years now and have finally gotten to the point where I'm looking to make casts. This is the first animal that will be available, the Andean bear. It's approximately the size of the Schleich grizzly bear. I have some other projects I'm working on right now, so I don't expect to have it available until mid-October.

NSD Bashe

That's really cool, good luck with your endeavor

bmathison1972

Where are you based out of (i.e., where would these ship from)?

EpicRaptorMan

There's alot of Schleich Grizzly bears...which one?

bmathison1972

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 24, 2022, 04:57:16 PMWhere are you based out of (i.e., where would these ship from)?

Nevermind; I see you are in PA! Good, since you are in the US I might be interested. This is the only extant bear species I don't have a figure/toy of!

pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks, everyone!

@EpicRaptorMan I should have specified, the 14323 2004 model.

@bmathison1972 I'm glad you like it-- I chose this species because there aren't many figures of it.

Gwangi

It looks fantastic, and I might be interested to since as you say, there aren't many figures of this species. Great choice!

EpicRaptorMan

Can we see a side by side comparison of this figure with other bear models? I know you said it's like the 04 Schleich Grizzly but y'know...

Eshu

Hi,
Is the Andean bear available to purchase?
I have been searching the web for the Andean Bear to add to my Montessori collection.
I would be delighted to be able to add this figurine to the collection.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Eshu on May 11, 2023, 02:47:18 PMHi,
Is the Andean bear available to purchase?
I have been searching the web for the Andean Bear to add to my Montessori collection.
I would be delighted to be able to add this figurine to the collection.

@pachyrhinosaurus is the only one who can answer that. I don't know if he ever finished the molds to make casts of this model.

EpicRaptorMan

I'd be interested on hearing an update about it as well.

pachyrhinosaurus

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while. I have a few of these painted up and almost ready to go, but it'll still be a little bit until I'm able to make them available. This is my first-ever model that I'll be making casts of, so I had to figure everything out with molding and casting as I went.

EpicRaptorMan

@pachyrhinosaurus You have no idea how long it took me to find this thread again.

How's it coming along so far? I'm still interested.