Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Animal Toy Blog - Shark Week 2022

Started by bmathison1972, July 05, 2022, 11:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

As @Gwangi recently reminded me, we are coming up on Shark Week, were we do shark-themed reviews for a week. This year it is July 24-31. So, regular reviewers who might have sharks (or other condrichthyes as well) to review, @callmejoe3 @Gwangi @suspsy @JimoAi @sirenia @sbell @animaltoyforum  others... please let us know what you want to review and if you want a specific data during that week. If we get more than 8 requests, we can do some double-posting since it's a special occasion!

sbell

I would like to. Not concerned about the day.

As for pick...

Maybe the recent For Corporation Cloudy Catshark?

Although tackling the teeny-tiny K&M ball lantern shark could be fun...

Gwangi

I have a few sharks already reserved for review. I'll likely do one of those. And if there isn't enough interest from other reviewers I may do more than one.

sbell

I suppose I could do both as well...

bmathison1972

This is a special theme week. If we have more than 7-8 reviews and need to double up some days that's fine. It's a special occasion lol. So feel free to review more than 1!

JimoAi

I'll do 30 on the Colorata shark box

sirenia

I have no sharks, so go ahead guys.

sbell

OKay, so I have one ready, the lantern shark. I'll set it to publish on July 25 but it's flexible.

I'll set up the Cloudy cat for later that week.

EpicRaptorMan

I had dibs on the Schleich Wobbegong, is that still available?

(hope so)

sbell

No one has said anything about it here so I would think so

Gwangi

I have one that I think I'll post on the first day of Shark Week, the 24th. I have a second one that I might try to fit in that week too. Looks like we'll have at least 4-5 reviews for that week.

bmathison1972

I'll probably migrate over 1-2 of brontodocus' shark walkarounds as well

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 17, 2022, 11:25:24 PMI had dibs on the Schleich Wobbegong, is that still available?

(hope so)

Yup! You've had it reserved already anyway, so it's all yours :). Would be nice to have it for Shark Week!

EpicRaptorMan

sbell

bmathison1972

BTW this is also Moth Week LOL. I am not sure if the two weeks overlap every year. A Moth Week theme could be fun for the Blog, I just don't know how many of other than myself have moth figures to showcase  ::) lol

Gwangi

I have no moths, but I could remedy that by next year perhaps. Been meaning to get the luna moth life cycle set by Safari.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 24, 2022, 07:30:11 PMBTW this is also Moth Week LOL. I am not sure if the two weeks overlap every year. A Moth Week theme could be fun for the Blog, I just don't know how many of other than myself have moth figures to showcase  ::) lol

The closest I have is a gecko eating a moth!

bmathison1972

I see Minizoo is having a 15% off sale on all shark figures in honor of Shark Week with a discount code!

bmathison1972

We still need a shark review for 7/29; if no one has anything, I can migrate over another walkaround :)