News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Red Gazelle review quires

Started by sirenia, March 07, 2022, 06:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirenia

I have been considering reviewing the Red Gazelle, which was considered an extinct species, but is currently classified as "data deficient" as it's questioned if it really a Red-Fronted Gazelle. Should it be reviewed here, on the DTB or left until it is made certain of it's status?

bmathison1972

Quote from: sirenia on March 07, 2022, 06:49:58 PM
I have been considering reviewing the Red Gazelle, which was considered an extinct species, but is currently classified as "data deficient" as it's questioned if it really a Red-Fronted Gazelle. Should it be reviewed here, on the DTB or left until it is made certain of it's status?

Either way ATB makes the most sense; honestly several of your recent DTB reviews lately (passenger pigeon, paradise parrot, crested pigeon, Steller's sea cow) should probably be for ATB.

My personal thoughts:
DTB: prehistoric (extinct before written history)
ATB: extant of extinct because of, or at least during, modern human activity (roughly 1500 year ago and later)

@animaltoyforum - thoughts?

EDIT: 1500 years and later

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 07, 2022, 07:12:25 PM

Either way ATB makes the most sense; honestly several of your recent DTB reviews lately (passenger pigeon, paradise parrot, crested pigeon, Steller's sea cow) should probably be for ATB.

My personal thoughts:
ATB: extant of extinct because of, or at least during, modern human activity (roughly 5,000 year ago and later)

Yes, I think you're right about that, and if I find a moment I'll ask the reviewers if they mind me migrating them.

Gwangi

Quote from: animaltoyforum on March 07, 2022, 08:42:18 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 07, 2022, 07:12:25 PM

My personal thoughts:
ATB: extant of extinct because of, or at least during, modern human activity (roughly 5,000 year ago and later)

Yes, I think you're right about that, and if I find a moment I'll ask the reviewers if they mind me migrating them.

I suppose if this is the case that I should move my Mojo Thylacine review to the ATB. I think that's the only recently extinct animal I've reviewed.

bmathison1972

Of course, nothing saying they can't all be in both forums :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 07, 2022, 09:52:02 PM
Of course, nothing saying they can't all be in both forums :)

True, but search engines punish websites that duplicate content from other sites.