Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - new for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, January 06, 2022, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSD Bashe

That's cool they're re-releasing the Portuguese-man-o-war though, for anyone who hasn't gotten that model yet; not sure if it's something @Gecko08 might be interested in...?

bmathison1972

Next in the Great Old Sea line. Looks like all previous figures from the line, but with different colors:

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Takara Turtles
@stemturtle @Gwangi - any ideas for all species? I think I might pursue the spotted turtle, depending on size

Gwangi

The spotted turtle and red-eared slider are the only two I recognize. They're pretty neat. I wouldn't mind having the spotted turtle myself.

brettnj

The other two are Japanese pond and I assume Reeve's, though the translation referred to it as Reed's...

bmathison1972

Quote from: brettnj on September 08, 2022, 03:53:38 PMThe other two are Japanese pond and I assume Reeve's, though the translation referred to it as Reed's...

Interesting to have two Asian species and two North American species. I know the red-eared slider is invasive in Japan. Is the spotted turtle too?

bmathison1972

More Takara dinosaurs; many of these may be re-releases and/or repaints:

bmathison1972

Next in the Encyclopedia of Dangerous Organisms line; these all appear to be rereleases/repaints of older figures.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Takara Deep Sea; I think these are all re-releases:

And this set of 1:1 dragonflies. Previously shown in this thread but finally released. This was the line-up when first announced; assume it's the same:

01. Anotogaster sieboldii
02. Anax parthenope
03. Orthetrum albistylum speciosum
04. Rhyothemis fuliginosa
05. Sympetrum frequens (new species in figure form)

NSD Bashe

Yup, I have that exact same set of Takara "monster fish" from the previous release

bmathison1972

Quote from: NSD Bashe on October 27, 2022, 05:45:17 PMYup, I have that exact same set of Takara "monster fish" from the previous release

Thanks! I meant to flag you on the post to draw your attention to it :)

bmathison1972

A couple new releases by Takara; the 'stretching' animals look pretty good!

NSD Bashe

I see Goblin sharks been trending a little...

bmathison1972

NSD Bashe

CHOMP

I used to eat squid too, until I got really sick on it once.
But I love how these whale vs squid figures remind me of those old paintings in books that would show a sperm whale fighting a giant squid, with other deep sea creatures below them...

JimoAi

Worth nothing that the takara tomy Goblin shark has an extendible jaw @Gwangi
https://youtu.be/PGn4mHLCMm8