News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, October 13, 2021, 04:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

First 2022 Kaiyodo announced. Looks like the next figure in the Revogeo line is a Japanese carpenter ant (Camponotus japonicus). This is a definite buy for me (and subsequent Blog review).

Only prototype pics available for now:

Halichoeres

Man, these are all so gorgeous. I'm fantasizing about a trilobite or primitive insect in this format...
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

bmathison1972

Capsule Q Museum Cats, available now

bmathison1972

Some promotional images for two new sets: Prehistoric Animals and Dinosaur Excavation 10:

Due July 2022
@Halichoeres - alerting you for the DTF

brettnj

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking orders for these now.

Thanks.
Brett

brettnj

Having had time to manage my initial excitement, digest, send the images to my mailing list, and look at the figures more closely...

I imagine the dino set might garner some criticism for repeating common subjects but I'm guessing the thought and potential reality is that the sales of those are what allows for slightly more esoteric sets like the very awesome other one.

And the two feathered guys somehow remind me stylistically of the small PNSO's.

As for the non-dinos, I first didn't notice that the sea cow has a water element like some of the company's Enoshima Aquarium figures, only it appears as though with this one you might look through it rather than have it as a background.

Can anyone tell what the bits above the animals are? It almost looks as though he's breaking the surface and those are birds. That rather aligns with the height of the water element.

I've long (looong) advocated for more and better renditions of prehistoric mammals. And the megatherium, though the original is nice enough, is stunning.

And I guess Kaiyodo finally got around to competing with UHA Collect Club's gorgeous platybelodon.

After such an extremely long dry spell (I only collect Kaiyodo and more recently NTC's...), 2022 should be a good year for me.

Again, taking orders now (Please PM if not on my mailing list.) and already alerted my new figure guy that I expect interest to be great so that he orders extra sets from his wholesaler.

Brett

Isidro

Quote from: brettnj on February 06, 2022, 04:51:25 PM
Can anyone tell what the bits above the animals are? It almost looks as though he's breaking the surface and those are birds. That rather aligns with the height of the water element.

I suspect they would me more like that:

----
EDIT - I opened the image at full size for see more detail and definitely you was right in first place. They are clearly shaped as seabirds, probably gulls.

brettnj

When you click on the image they look bird shaped... Maybe it's just to my eyes...

Arctinus

Quote from: brettnj on February 06, 2022, 06:21:39 PM
When you click on the image they look bird shaped... Maybe it's just to my eyes...

They actually do look like birds.

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

Updated pics of the July Capsule Q sets:

brettnj

I'm taking pre-orders for both sets now and already have more requests for them than for any previously released set since I've been selling.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

Also, good gosh is that mammal set stunning...

bmathison1972

A new series for Kaiyodo. This is what we know:

1. these are like small old-school model kits and the figures need to be snapped together
2. no, these are not prototypes; the figures will be this shade of green and are intended to be painted by the end user

bmathison1972

Another pic of the aforementioned set. Other promo pics suggest the next set will have a giraffe and shoebill, keeping the African theme going

tokoo23

Kaiyodo  2022 Shizuoka Hobby Show  Exhibition  ARTPLA Zoo

Image from  https ://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1541931/

sbell

Quote from: tokoo23 on May 22, 2022, 10:11:51 AMKaiyodo  2022 Shizuoka Hobby Show  Exhibition  ARTPLA Zoo

Image from  https ://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1541931/

Finally a Kaiyodo hyena. Unfortunately, with a bunch of models I don't really need.

I hope that they're available individually

bmathison1972

Shimano Joint Kaiyodo STRIKEFANTASY lure fishing figure (lure color is Kaiyodo special)
it will be released in October 2022

1.Lateolabrax japonicus
2.Sepioteuthis lessoniana
3.Micropterus salmoides
4.Oncorhynchus masou

bmathison1972

These two sets just released. Remember, for the ARTPLA set, the user MUST assemble and paint themselves

bmathison1972

Overview of the Kaiyodo ARTPLA figures; remember these must be assembled and painted by the collector/end user.

Set 1: August 2022:

Set 2: September 2022:

Set 3: October 2022:

Set 4: November 2022:

brettnj

Hey.

The Advent calendar releases in Japan on 11/30.

If anyone finds photos of the 24 figures, please post the relevant ones here.

Thanks.
Brett

Avian

There is also supposed to be a fifth ARTPLA set containing an adult elephant as well as a gate and some zoo visitors. In addition, the crocodile in set 4 (according to the instruction manuals) is supposed to be a West African Dwarf Crocodile, which may be a new species in figure form.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.