News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Port Jackson's first repaints

Started by PortJackson, February 06, 2021, 02:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PortJackson

So I've recently been getting into some painting, so I've dove into my old collections for helpless figures to practise on.

First up: Wild Republic tube Whale Shark
(Tragically forgot to take a before photo so here's someone else's image of the original figure paint job)

First repaint so would love some advice and no holding back on the criticism !

Isidro

Wow, that's infinitely better, even which such a small figure doesn't allow to paint it easily!

JimoAi

Quote from: PortJackson on February 06, 2021, 02:56:24 PM
So I've recently been getting into some painting, so I've dove into my old collections for helpless figures to practise on.

(Tragically forgot to take a before photo so here's someone else's image of the original figure paint job)

First repaint so would love some advice and no holding back on the criticism !

You used a toothpick?

PortJackson

Quote from: JimoAi on February 06, 2021, 04:34:48 PM
Quote from: PortJackson on February 06, 2021, 02:56:24 PM

You used a toothpick?

Ah...

That would have been a good idea  ;D

bmathison1972

Nice. Tube/TOOB figures usually lack good detail in the paint, so they make good candidates for improvement

PortJackson

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 06, 2021, 09:35:27 PM
Nice. Tube/TOOB figures usually lack good detail in the paint, so they make good candidates for improvement

Absolutely! I'm looking to tackle a few of safari's toob'd sharks next week  :D