News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA's leopard seal custom

Started by Isidro, January 15, 2021, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isidro

As we all know, there are various models of leopard seals within western brands, and sometimes choosing one can be difficult because all three are meritory.

CollectA's leopard seal is really good. It was the fourth/fifth figure (bought together with the African wild ass) of my collection, so he watched to grow incredibly the number of models that arrived after him over the time. I admire this figure and the only issue is a too thin neck that can discourage some collectors from buying it.

foca1.jpg

But thanks to the acquisition of WePam modelling paste we can do this...
foca2.jpg

After sculpting the fur texture (note: WePam is very difficult to sculpt, it must be kept constantly wet for allow fine sharp textures, otherwise it begin to dry and the resulting textures will be more soft and diffused), the only remaining job is paint a bit of grizzled fur above and light grey with black blotches below. And voilá! Now my leopard seal is proud for not be anymore a pencil-neck!

foca3.jpg