Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmejoe3

Decided to be a bit proactive and filled out my review for the Schleich Muskox that I've been holding off for a while. I'll like to reserve that for the 20th.

sirenia

Could I reserve the 21st please?

bmathison1972

Quote from: callmejoe3 on July 18, 2021, 06:44:10 AM
Decided to be a bit proactive and filled out my review for the Schleich Muskox that I've been holding off for a while. I'll like to reserve that for the 20th.

done, and...

Quote from: sirenia on July 18, 2021, 09:11:01 AM
Could I reserve the 21st please?

done

sirenia

bmathison1972

Figures for my next review are in the mail, so I'll probably post in the next week or so. My first post will be similar to the cicada ecdysis review by featuring figures from different companies and sets, but will focus on the life cycle of the Japanese rhinoceros beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 28, 2021, 02:35:29 AM
Figures for my next review are in the mail, so I'll probably post in the next week or so. My first post will be similar to the cicada ecdysis review by featuring figures from different companies and sets, but will focus on the life cycle of the Japanese rhinoceros beetle.

After this life cycle, I plan to review the Bandai 'Rubber Ducky' isopod

Gwangi

Looking forward to the isopod review. I've contemplated getting into the isopod keeping hobby. The rubber duckies are particularly popular.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2021, 12:46:30 AM
Looking forward to the isopod review. I've contemplated getting into the isopod keeping hobby. The rubber duckies are particularly popular.

I was surprised to see how popular isopods are! The Rubbery Ducky is perplexing as it is still, to my knowledge, undescribed species

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 01, 2021, 12:47:19 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2021, 12:46:30 AM

I was surprised to see how popular isopods are! The Rubbery Ducky is perplexing as it is still, to my knowledge, undescribed species

I was surprised too. I've watched a few collection videos on Youtube, people keeping 40+ species. They're quite diverse and low maintenance. There are even captive bred color morphs for some of them. I didn't know that the rubber duckie wasn't described. The fish keeping hobby is similar that way, I know that there are (or were) quite a few loricariidae catfishes that were in the hobby that also weren't described.

suspsy

My older son came across the Safari Incredible Creatures Maine lobster in a gift shop this past weekend. Begged and pleaded for it and I gave in (it was his birthday to boot). Might as well review it!

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on August 05, 2021, 03:41:01 PM
My older son came across the Safari Incredible Creatures Maine lobster in a gift shop this past weekend. Begged and pleaded for it and I gave in (it was his birthday to boot). Might as well review it!

Done! Happy to see the real thing in a gift shop. Chinese bootlegs are taking over the market in aquariums, zoos, etc...

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 05, 2021, 03:52:37 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 05, 2021, 03:41:01 PM

Done! Happy to see the real thing in a gift shop. Chinese bootlegs are taking over the market in aquariums, zoos, etc...
The unfortunate truth

bmathison1972

My next review is ready but I am going to try to make it the 500th (seems fitting since I posted the first). We are at 498 right now!

suspsy

Did you receive my lobster review okay?

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on August 18, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

@suspsy - yes, it has been built in draft for a couple days, but other authors had content to post. Yours is planned for tomorrow.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 18, 2021, 11:50:49 PM

@suspsy - yes, it has been built in draft for a couple days, but other authors had content to post. Yours is planned for tomorrow.
I can get back to writing next weekend

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on August 19, 2021, 05:01:05 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 18, 2021, 11:50:49 PM

I can get back to writing next weekend

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

suspsy

Minizoo finally got in the remaining CollectA toys, so I would like to request the common otter!

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on August 23, 2021, 12:54:14 PM
Minizoo finally got in the remaining CollectA toys, so I would like to request the common otter!

@suspsy - Done! I just ordered seven figures from them, but that's not one of them (I am satisfied with the last Papo common otter)

bmathison1972

My next planned review subjects are en route, so I probably won't post for at least a week. However, there are three sets on my 'reserve' list; I may try to get one up this week.

I would like to do the Yowie Group bumble bee too, but I don't have it yet (if anyone has it, and has a strong desire to review it, let me know; I can let it go)