Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Animal Toy Blog changes

Started by AnimalToyForum, August 25, 2019, 06:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirenia

suspsy

I would still love to see company pages with reviews listed in alphabetical order just like on the DTB.

sirenia

Quote from: suspsy on March 25, 2021, 11:18:35 PM
I would still love to see company pages with reviews listed in alphabetical order just like on the DTB.

I agree, do think it would help.

AnimalToyForum

I can do that. I didn't do it when the blog was small but it has grown substantially and I agree alphabetically ordered company pages will be very helpful now.

Edit, company pages are now ordered alphabetically.

sirenia

The alphabetical order works on most, except for the archive pages. i feel those should be date order rather than alphabetical.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: sirenia on March 28, 2021, 10:27:51 AM
The alphabetical order works on most, except for the archive pages. i feel those should be date order rather than alphabetical.

I could just delete the archives links from the sidebar, as on the dinotoyblog. Do any readers actually want or use the archive of reviews sorted my month and year? Each review is dated anyway.

AnimalToyForum

Also, how about if I add an 'Explore' tab with manually selected 'Top' companies, genera, and animal groups. 'Companies' and 'groups' will definitely work for the ATB but will genera?

bmathison1972

I am curious what has changed so far? The Filter by Company or Group was always there, and always alphabetical, right (the 'Filter' tab basically is anything in the 'Categories' section)?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 28, 2021, 01:13:01 PM
I am curious what has changed so far? The Filter by Company or Group was always there, and always alphabetical, right (the 'Filter' tab basically is anything in the 'Categories' section)?

The pages that come up when you click a tag or category have changed. They used to be ordered by date, now they are alphabetical. So, for example, on the AAA page, the first review is now an Anglerfish. Before yesterday, the first review was the most recent. http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/category/aaa/

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on March 28, 2021, 01:57:04 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 28, 2021, 01:13:01 PM

The pages that come up when you click a tag or category have changed. They used to be ordered by date, now they are alphabetical. So, for example, on the AAA page, the first review is now an Anglerfish. Before yesterday, the first review was the most recent. http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/category/aaa/

Aaaa gotcha! Thanks

AnimalToyForum

Quoting @bmathison1972 from a different thread:

QuoteBTW, that reminds me, ATB has a quirky issue that the DTB doesn't. On a given review, for example the recent fur seal by callmejoe3, there isn't an option to click on his name to see all of his reviews. That function used to exist but doesn't (it does on DTB); that's a good way to find an author's reviews if they don't have an author page yet :)

I've now introduced this functionality to the Animal Toy Blog.

AnimalToyForum

Quoting @Gwangi in a different thread:

QuoteReviews are also now listed in order of publication, not alphabetical like they used to be but that's just an observation.

Reviews are now listed alphabetically in archives (i.e. tags, categories).

AnimalToyForum

I've updated the ATB header image for 2023. I decided to change the font from the rather cliché 'Papyrus' to a font I feel is more impactful.

Let me know what you think of the 'rebranding'. :)

Gwangi

I like it. It's playful and fun. Compliments what the blog is about. Any chance the DTB/DTF will get a similar treatment this year?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on January 04, 2023, 09:03:27 PMI like it. It's playful and fun. Compliments what the blog is about. Any chance the DTB/DTF will get a similar treatment this year?

Thanks. ^-^ I've always liked the DTB font but I could look at alternatives to freshen things up, and it definitely needs updated creatures.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 04, 2023, 09:10:26 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 04, 2023, 09:03:27 PMI like it. It's playful and fun. Compliments what the blog is about. Any chance the DTB/DTF will get a similar treatment this year?

Thanks. ^-^ I've always liked the DTB font but I could look at alternatives to freshen things up, and it definitely needs updated creatures.

I like it too, and a change in critters was overdue :)

Gwangi

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 04, 2023, 09:10:26 PM

Yeah, I was mostly thinking about the creatures. lol

AnimalToyForum

As you may have seen if you're also on the DinoToyForum, I've overhauled the Authors section of the Animal Toy Blog. There used to be separate author pages with biographies and separate author archives, but these are now combined, with the biographies appearing at the top of the Author archives. This means the author links on review pages now lead to the author biography + archive. The appearance of https://animaltoyforum.com/blog/authors/ has also changed, with the avatars there selected by (or to be selected by) the authors. And all of the old Author pages have been deleted.

Authors can also now edit their blog biographies and upload a bio image (separate to the avatar image) themselves. So this is a good opportunity for authors who do not yet have a biography to add one e.g. @callmejoe3 @Badger @Beetle guy @brontodocus @OkapiBoy

bmathison1972

I have a bio image but not an avatar image; how do I upload that? I am 50 years old and don't do social media; I have no idea what a Gravatar is  ;D  8)  C:-)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 18, 2023, 02:54:48 PMI have a bio image but not an avatar image; how do I upload that? I am 50 years old and don't do social media; I have no idea what a Gravatar is  ;D  8)  C:-)

Hehe. First log into the blog and go to 'users' --> 'profile'. Towards the bottom of the page you'll see a section 'About Yourself'. This is where you can edit your 'Biographical info' and 'Profile picture'. Next to 'Profile picture' is a link to Gravatar. You can sign in there (you may have to create an account) and upload a Gravatar to be associated with Animal Toy Blog and any other Wordpress sites you contribute to or comment on.