News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kingfishers

Started by postsaurischian, January 11, 2013, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Jetoar

Wonderful kingfisher  ^-^. kaiyodo have done a good work in this figure ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

What an amazing and dynamic, beautiful little figure this is! :) It's wonderful how Kaiyodo always manages to make such life-like mini scenes with a convincing water effect on a bottle cap base that's, how large, like 30 mm in diameter? :o 8)

Varanus

Ana

Oh, too beautiful!!  :)) 
What a lovely figure, it's almost pain for me to not have it in collection  :o
Big congratulations for such a beauty! :D

postsaurischian

Series:   Nature of Japan Vol.1
                                     (This is figure No.04)

widukind

brontodocus

Exactly! :) If you had left the figure there I wonder how many passengers would have taken a photo of it, too - just to tell their friends "...and you wouldn't believe how small it was! Never thought kingfishers were that tiny!".  ;D

Ana

stargatedalek

postsaurischian

:D Thank you for the comments widukind, Andre, Anna & stargatedalek!

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

This Vienna Bronze figure was made around the turn of the century in Vienna / Austria.
                             The founder of the best known bronze manufacture of these days, Franz Xaver Bergmann
                                         lived from 1861 to 1936, which is about the time period we're talking about.
                                                  My guess is 1910 - 1920, but I'm definitely not an expert on this.
                        The figure is pretty heavy and incredibly beautiful. I hope I could capture this a bit in these pics.
                                                   I found it at a flea market in Zürich / Switzerland. :) Lucky me!

compared to the figures of Nature Techni Colour (left) and Kaiyodo (center):

bmathison1972

Nice! These are the kind of gems I love to find!

Beetle guy

To beetle or not to beetle.