News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ikimon - Nature Techni Colour - New for 2019

Started by Beetle guy, March 03, 2019, 10:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle guy

Looks like Ikimon is going to make some dino's.
They look beautiful!

Check out their twitter feed. For more pic's
https://twitter.com/indiana1974/status/1101162747096518656
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

I edited the title of this post to follow form format and so all of Ikimon's 2019 releases can be showcased here.

Beetle guy

stargatedalek

sbell

bmathison1972

Available now. I think I will pursue this set. Even they are 'acrylic mascot' figures like the previously-released plankton, they offer several new species! Besides, with butterflies you can get away with making them flattish.

EDIT: here are the scientific names (those marked with an asterisk are new species in toy/figure form):
Madagascan sunset moth: Chrysiridia rhipheus*
Rajah Brooke's birdwing: Trogonoptera brookiana*
eighty-eight butterfly: 'Diaethria sp' [this figure as marketed as a Diaethria, but the markings better resemble Callicore kolyma]* note: this figure is shown in the first image twice, dorsal and ventral shots.
Ceylon blue glassy tiger: Ideopsis similis*
plain tiger: Danaus chrysippus*
Japanese luna moth: Actias artemis*
Helana morpho: Morpho helena*
greater death's head hawkmoth: Acerontia lachesis [Kaiyodo produced a larva]
Atlas moth: Attacus atlas [Kaiyodo produced and adult]
Japanese Luehdorfia: Luehdorfia japonica [previously made by Kaiyodo and Kabaya]

Notice they use images of actual lepidopterans for the promotional figure, but the second figure shows the actual figures.

Isidro

Great! So I deduce that the species marked with asterisk are new for your collection :-) So many of them! There is even a species that I didn't knew about before, the Actias arthemis. I see that the images of the promo are photos of real preserved specimes as you say, but I imagined that the real figures are the same photos, just put into two acrylic sheets. It's in this way indeed? Or are the real figures based on paintings instead photos of real specimens? In your image is difficult to judge...
Trogonoptera brookiana is precisely one of the species that I wanted to homemade some day in the future for my own collection, as it's a species very distinctive that I like a lot, and whose size allows to make a (tiny) model at scale with my bigger animals :D

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on May 05, 2019, 07:27:51 PM
Great! So I deduce that the species marked with asterisk are new for your collection :-) So many of them! There is even a species that I didn't knew about before, the Actias arthemis. I see that the images of the promo are photos of real preserved specimes as you say, but I imagined that the real figures are the same photos, just put into two acrylic sheets. It's in this way indeed? Or are the real figures based on paintings instead photos of real specimens? In your image is difficult to judge...
Trogonoptera brookiana is precisely one of the species that I wanted to homemade some day in the future for my own collection, as it's a species very distinctive that I like a lot, and whose size allows to make a (tiny) model at scale with my bigger animals :D

The species with an asterisk are, to my knowledge, entirely new in toy/model form.

Yes, they are probably just photographs under the acrylic; hard to say from the promotional pics...

Beetle guy

Beetle guy

Just saw this. Will be released by Ikimon in a series.

Ikimon new1.jpg  Ikimon new2.jpg

Isidro

I saw these figures in STS forum, and now it's very nice to seeing them together. I notice they're smaller than I think. Snub-nosed monkey is much smaller than the Safari LTD one, it is? The baiji is probably too small for my collection... Would love to know the exact measurements of these two figures! Happy Kin toys also released a baiji, that I saw in its catalog (their website is now expired, but the figures were not linkable or purchasable), probably the Happy Kin one is bigger than the Ikimon one and I want it desperately, but it's seems to be an impossible to get figure with zero info in the net...

bmathison1972

WOW, that snub-nosed monkey just might replace the Safari one. Not sure. I really like the Safari one. I don't have a baiji among my cetaceans.

bmathison1972

I merged these topics; Ikimon already had a 'new for 2019'

bmathison1972

October release:

The starfish, anemone, coral, and frogfish look like re-releases of the previous set (the coral seems paler but may or may not be a new species). The other two fish are red and green versions of Lethotremus awae ( @sbell is that a new species in figure form?), The crab is Calappa lophos, made three times by Kaiyodo but this will be the first non-Kaiyodo examplar (I think...). Not sure if the seahorse is a rehash or not. In the old Kitan Club days, they did a whole set of just seahorses and seadragons

sbell

Well, I'm definitely getting a lumpsucker!

As for those other figures, I love the unique poses, I just don't really collect any of those. The crocodillian is intriguing though.

bmathison1972

I have the crab and a red lumpsucker on order from Brett LOL.

Beetle guy

The lumpsuckers were released along with an other posed one in this set from 2012.
http://naturetechnicolour.com/ntc_30/

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on June 29, 2019, 01:05:09 PM
The lumpsuckers were released along with an other posed one in this set from 2012.
http://naturetechnicolour.com/ntc_30/

Dang-o, that's a lot of dangoo :-P

Thanks Marcel!

sbell

That's so many repaints... but I don't have any, so this will do.