Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2019

Started by bmathison1972, November 10, 2018, 04:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

CollectA has started it's weekly announcements.

Wildlife.

Timber Wolf, howling:

Timber Wolf, hunting:

Zebra foal (to compliment last year's adult):

White Rhinoceros:

African leopard:

Indian Crested Porcupine!

Dama gazelle:

Sea Life.

King crab:

Minke Whale:

Farm Life.

Hereford, bull:

Hereford, cow:

Sow:

Boar:

Horses.

Russian Don Mare, bright chestnut:

American Cream Draft Stallion:

Quarter Mare, Deluxe:

Knabstrupper foal:

stargatedalek

I think I know which of these we'll both be getting!  ;)

What a lovely King Crab, I wonder how large it is.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 10, 2018, 05:57:00 PM
I think I know which of these we'll both be getting!  ;)

What a lovely King Crab, I wonder how large it is.

It is VERY nice. Maybe better than some of the Japanese companies' versions! My guess it is the same size as their insects, maybe a legspan of 8 cm or so?

Beetle guy

Awesome crab figurine!
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Updated first post with 5 more: white rhino, African leopard, Indian crested porcupine, sow, and a Knabstubber horse foal

Halichoeres

It's really staggering to me what an endless appetite there seems to be for different flavors of horse.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 18, 2018, 09:53:21 PM
It's really staggering to me what an endless appetite there seems to be for different flavors of horse.

careful, though, you can get both toxoplasmosis and trichinellosis from eating them  :P C:-) 8)

sphyrna18

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 19, 2018, 02:00:24 PM

careful, though, you can get both toxoplasmosis and trichinellosis from eating them  :P C:-) 8)
:D :D :)) :)) ;D ;D I see what you did there  8)

bmathison1972

OK, updated with the last three. This should be all of CollectA's extant animals. Not much this year but at least there is something for me.

stargatedalek

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 23, 2018, 01:19:36 PM
OK, updated with the last three. This should be all of CollectA's extant animals. Not much this year but at least there is something for me.
I'm rather glad there's only one this year I'm going for, I still have to catch up on most of the CollectA I wanted from the past 3-5 years. 

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 23, 2018, 04:37:03 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 23, 2018, 01:19:36 PM
I'm rather glad there's only one this year I'm going for, I still have to catch up on most of the CollectA I wanted from the past 3-5 years.

Personally, so far, there's not a single model in the modern animals on my list. A few from the prehistoric though.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sphyrna18 on November 21, 2018, 07:37:54 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 19, 2018, 02:00:24 PM

:D :D :)) :)) ;D ;D I see what you did there  8)

I was trying to subliminally encourage people to eat horse. Gotta cull those feral herds in Utah.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

Badger

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2018, 05:28:16 PM
I was trying to subliminally encourage people to eat horse. Gotta cull those feral herds in Utah.

They tried that out across the ocean not long ago. Safe to say it didn't go as planned >:D
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Badger on November 25, 2018, 07:36:19 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2018, 05:28:16 PM

They tried that out across the ocean not long ago. Safe to say it didn't go as planned >:D

You mean because of the trichinellosis? Nothing a thorough cooking can't solve.

Rossano

King Crab,
White Rhinoceros,
Dama Gazelle,
Mink Whale,

are for me must have.

Indian Crested Porcupine

is verz well sculpted but not as well painted, anyway a good catch.

Zebra Foal,
Boar,
Sow,
most of the horses

are really great models but I am not into young animals and farm ones.

My only problem with Collecta is I don't have a shop in 100kms distance where I can buy them, and really don't love buying them online.

GrampusBlackfish

I absolutely love that Minke Whale! I will certainly be adding that to my collection. I do kind of wish it was a Northern Minke rather than a Dwarf Minke, but beggars can't be choosers. It's hard enough to find ANY standard size Minke model, and it's a species I encounter quite often. I'm quite sure few, if any, of the passengers on the boat I work on will be able to tell the difference if I presented this model during my talk. XD

Advicot

Just received the rhinoceros, king crab, minke whale and dama gazelle and all look great.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Stuckasaurus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 10, 2018, 04:34:27 PM

Minke Whale:

Wow, super excited for this one! The paint job looks really nice, too!

Advicot

You haven't bought it yet?!  :o It's a great figure that is slightly on the small side of things but the paint job is lovely.
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

Is not in my wishlist, the figure is really great and exquisite, and I accept very very small scale for bigger cetaceans but this one is really tooooo small.