News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

TQ's scaly menagerie

Started by tyrantqueen, December 06, 2012, 05:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Here's my reptilian collection, consisting mostly of AAA's cast reptiles, which was a line from the 90's. There are others here too though. The ones which have been cast from real life often have details which are second-to-none.

Komodo dragon, by AAA. Currently repainting this guy with more a more Komodo-ish colour scheme. Obviously NOT cast from real life, but a decent sculpt nonetheless ;)

AAA green monitor, which I am informed is a Varanus jobiensis.

1998 pale yellow monitor lizard. It does not have AAA printed on its belly. It is also suspiciously similar to another AAA cast lizard, leading me to believe it is probably a knock off.

Red eyed saurian thing, which is supposed to be a Komodo dragon. I don't like this one anymore, because it gave me nightmares. Yes, you may laugh at that part. I had a dream where it chased me and ripped my arm off :-[

Cute little brown gecko, by AAA.

Lined leaf (?) gecko, by AAA.

Fiji Iguana, AAA. Probably the most common AAA cast reptile. Pops up on eBay very frequently.

Spiny lizard, AAA.

Small brown gecko, by K&M.

AAA chameleon. One of two colour variants :)

AAA alligator.

Safari Ltd Incredible Creatures, erroneously labelled as a "Emerald Tree Monitor" Fits in very well with my AAA cast line ^-^

Beautiful figure, but is sadly let down but sloppy paintwork on the mouth and eyes.

AAA monitor lizard. Thanks go to Seijun for her help in obtaining this chap. Also, there is a knockoff of this figure which I posted further up.

And finally, Kaiyodo green grass lizard.

Thanks for looking! This collection is still a WIP, so come back to see more updates now and then 8)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

Great collection. Some of them are incredibly realistic, others, not so much!

Nobody enjoys having their arm ripped off by a Komodo dragon, even in a dream. :o

Jetoar

Amazing collection friend, You are the Queen of Reptiles  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

QuoteAmazing collection friend, You are the Queen of Reptiles  ^-^.
Haha, thanks a bunch  ;D

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 06, 2012, 06:35:58 PM
QuoteAmazing collection friend, You are the Queen of Reptiles  ^-^.
Haha, thanks a bunch  ;D

Is the true  ^-^.

Spawn

Hello:
   I'm new here and found out about the place from the Dino site.  That is a really nice group of lizards.
   Have a Great Day!!!
   Spawn

Gwangi

Beautiful collection. I have a few AAA lizards and a snake myself. Though I don't collect modern animals they are just too well made not to get when the chance arises. I really like the American Alligator.

tyrantqueen

Jetoar

American Aligator have a lot of details in his face  ^-^.

brontodocus

Yay, your AAA reptiles collection has considerably grown. :) Congrats! The first one you've posted is still my favourite representative of a Komodo Dragon.

Jetoar

AAA figures are the firts figures of my collection: wild life and sea life in general. My father bougth to me figures of this brand when I was a child  ^-^.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: brontodocus on December 07, 2012, 01:03:43 AM
Yay, your AAA reptiles collection has considerably grown. :) Congrats! The first one you've posted is still my favourite representative of a Komodo Dragon.
Yep, as soon as I bought one I couldn't stop ;)

Varanus

Awesome bunch of reptiles TQ!  Can't wait to see more. :)

tyrantqueen

Thank you Varanus.

I have obtained two more reptiles since I last visited. Both were obtained with the help of Seijun, for which I am very grateful.

AAA fat tailed gecko

AAA blue tongue skink

Also, a big cuddly komodo dragon from my boyfriend :) His name is Bruno apparently, and he is the mascot of an electronics company.

I have a weakness for cuddly toys, I am afraid. I also changed the title of this thread, since I am going to collect more than just lizards (and crocodilians aren't really lizards)

Varanus

I never knew there were so many AAA reptiles!

tyrantqueen

They do more than just reptiles. They made casts of turtles, insects, fish and even mammals too.

Varanus

I never knew they did mammals or insects, very interesting, I'll have to do some research. :))

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Varanus on December 19, 2012, 12:09:36 AM
I never knew they did mammals or insects, very interesting, I'll have to do some research. :))
I know that forum member Seijun has the AAA pangolin, which was cast from real life :)

tyrantqueen

Jetoar

Very cooooool  8), surfer turttle  8).