News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Andean cock-of-the-rock (Rupicola peruvianus)

Started by bmathison1972, January 13, 2018, 09:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

this is something I made for the STS Forum's Third Annual Custom Figure Swap. Essentially, you are given someone to make/customize/repaint a figure for, and someone does it for you. The person you are making it for is not the person you are making yours for. Anyway I thought I would share it here, too. This is a cut-and-paste of what I posted on STS:

This little bird is currently flying to his new home:

It's the Andean cock-of-the-rock, Rupicola peruvianus. Now, I am not a painter, and certianly not a sculptor. This is the very first bird I ever made. I chose it because with the rather robust form and solid, bold colors even I should be able to manage one hahaha. I also chose this species because it might be a 'unique' species in figure form(?). The recipient of this figure does have a preference for mammals, but I would be even worse at mammals; besides this person is also interested in birds so I hope it will be well received.

Now I just hope hope hope it makes it safely. For one I hope I packed it ok, and then I actually had a rather unpleasant experience with the person at the post office which has me worrying more  :-\. But fingers crossed it lands at its new home ok!!   :D

It will be coming in two pieces, and there is a small peg on the bottom of the bird to insert onto its rock/feet.

Oh well, I hope this is OK; this is all a totally new realm for me!!!

The final product:

AnimalToyForum

That's a really nice idea. Who organises it, STS? Nice model, too!

Advicot

Looks like an art project I did years ago for a rainforest diorama, hence my mother probably got rid of it when I'd finished junior school.  :'(
Don't I take long uploading photos!