News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Britains Ltd.

Started by Fukuiraptor, January 09, 2013, 03:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukuiraptor

The animal figures made by Britains Ltd. are crude but cool.  By the way, where on earth can we find toys not made in China nowadays?

Cows

Pigs

Sheep

The herd

Ana

Very nice! I have some Britains farm animals too, I like their cattle very much. Also the sheep looks wonderful, I wish to find that one as well :) Thank You for sharing :)

Jetoar

Thanks for share these images, I dont know this brand  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ana

Quote from: Jetoar on January 09, 2013, 04:34:38 PM
Thanks for share these images, I dont know this brand  ^-^.

Britains was English company which produced many animal figures, all in scale 1:32 (yes, all in scale, that was possible in the past somehow!) they produced also soldiers, it was brand with long tradition, You can read on Wikipedia about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britains . They had farm life line and wild life line. As far as I know this company was later sold to ERTL and this brand still selling some for the models but only from the farm life line. In the past they had huge range of species and also some accessories (zoo buildings and fences etc)  :D

I will try to post here some photos of my Britains farm animals . Wild life figures by Britains deserve own topic, I think :)

sbell

I am not super-familiar with the brand, but I think Britains made metal and plastic figures, correct?

tyrantqueen

I like Britains too, but I haven't played with them since childhood.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Ana

Quote from: sbell on January 09, 2013, 05:21:41 PM
I am not super-familiar with the brand, but I think Britains made metal and plastic figures, correct?

Yes, at the beginning they produced lead animals and soldiers. :)

Fukuiraptor

This Wilderbeast is extremely detailed.  Can't imagine it was made in 1977.

The quality of this African elephant is on par with the standard of modern figures  8)

Another elephant that should be the ancestor of a lot of knock-off toys  :)

The group

Jetoar

I think that I have a bootleg of the second elephant. I will look for this figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

I remember I had very few of them as a kid, including the hippo which was an excellent figure, too! :)

tyrantqueen

The gnu and elephant are really good :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Mark1

I still have my Britains Wildlife collection. Loved the fact that they were all in the same scale. That made for great diorama making. I see that someone has great taste in reading material.... Go Prehistoric Times! :}

Ana

Here are all my animals from Britains farm life :) I will post some wild life figures too :)

Cattle

My only 2 goats :)

Poultry :) (yes, they are so small figures :) )

These are my favorites :)

And here size comparison with other farm life from other brands, human from New Ray, Horse- Breyer Stablemates and hen are Elastolin

brontodocus

These are all so wonderful! :) When I was a kid there was a store in my hometown that had them back in the 1970s. But they were too expensive for me to get more than just very few figures. :'(

aneedforfun

I love the Charlois and Turkey  ;D

Fukuiraptor

Ana, your collection is really great!  I'd like to get more farm animals from Britains.

Fukuiraptor

Just got this bagged set of wildlife animals  ^-^

Front

Back

Header

Ana

Congratulations! Amazing find!! ;D ;D ;D

sauroid

i want the african and asian elephants

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on January 28, 2013, 07:52:52 AM
i want the african and asian elephants