News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ikimon new for 2018

Started by Beetle guy, October 18, 2017, 08:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle guy

Februari 2018 release. From the Ikimon Twitterfeed.

To beetle or not to beetle.

Halichoeres

I just spent a little while looking through the photos on their web site. Really beautiful stuff! I wish they'd turn their talents toward the prehistoric. They could rival Kaiyodo.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

Beetle guy

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2017, 10:06:24 PM
I just spent a little while looking through the photos on their web site. Really beautiful stuff! I wish they'd turn their talents toward the prehistoric. They could rival Kaiyodo.

Yes they are really good modelmakers. Wish they would make more beetles (form other than Lamellicornia would be really great!!)

sbell

Quote from: Beetle guy on October 19, 2017, 10:14:15 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2017, 10:06:24 PM

Yes they are really good modelmakers. Wish they would make more beetles (form other than Lamellicornia would be really great!!)

It would also be nice if they would stop with the straps/ball&chains/magnet gimmicks. The figures are top quality (I have their newts, and a couple of the deep sea fish) but taking out an unwanted strap leaves an odd hole (and the material they are made from isn't really conducive to a fill-and-paint)

Beetle guy

Quote from: sbell on October 20, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

It would also be nice if they would stop with the straps/ball&chains/magnet gimmicks. The figures are top quality (I have their newts, and a couple of the deep sea fish) but taking out an unwanted strap leaves an odd hole (and the material they are made from isn't really conducive to a fill-and-paint)

I fully agree!

bmathison1972

Available now (thanks, Brett, for the pic): plastic plankton on chains. They are flat and clear, but I'm still getting them!  (and I suspect stemturtle will as well) :-)

stemturtle

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 24, 2018, 03:37:40 PM
Available now (thanks, Brett, for the pic): plankton on chains. They are flat and clear, but I'm still getting them!  (and I suspect stemturtle will as well) :-)

You are correct, sir!

Beetle guy

Quote from: stemturtle on February 24, 2018, 03:50:43 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 24, 2018, 03:37:40 PM
Available now (thanks, Brett, for the pic): plankton on chains. They are flat and clear, but I'm still getting them!  (and I suspect stemturtle will as well) :-)

You are correct, sir!

Not going to get this. But, another pic. There really nice but I prefer 3D  8) Wish they would make some more arthropod figurines.
;)

Blaine, while you are at it ...;-)

stemturtle

Thanks for the nice images, Beetle guy
I have seen the set called Scientific Technicolor microorganism acrylic mascot.

bmathison1972

I plan on getting the plankton set, but I will pass on the caterpillars.

Beetle guy

I quess this is new Ikimon stuff for 2018.
The butterflies do not seem to be 3D. I think it will be resin encassed pictures.

For the animal species Homo sapiens ;-)

Butterfly set with collecting pouches.

Marine life themed sets.

Photo's from the Ikimon Twitter account.

bmathison1972

Those butterflies might be little 'coin purses' (for lack of a better term)--they did something similar a couple years ago with frogs. If resin-encased photos, I could be interested (butterflies are relatively flat) but otherwise I'd pass. One of the marine sets seems to have a Calappa lophos crab (which would be the first not by Kaiyodo), otherwise nothing for me.

stemturtle

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 21, 2018, 11:46:12 AM
One of the marine sets seems to have a Calappa lophos crab (which would be the first not by Kaiyodo), otherwise nothing for me.

Thanks for the crab ID, bmathison. The blue dragon nudibranch is probably Glaucus atlanticus. What we really need are sponges. Is the red figure a finger sponge or red coral?

Halichoeres

Those marine figures are really pretty. I keep hoping that one day they'll do some prehistoric themed sets.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

Badger

The lineup in the first marine set looks pretty good, especially the Glaucus atlanticus (been waiting for someone to make a figure of that critter for a while), assuming that at least one of the 3 versions doesn't come with any added gimmicks.

The rest of this lineup doesn't particularly interest me, especially the non-figures and urchin shells.
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

Beetle guy

Saw This on the Ikimon Twitter feed I do not know for sure when they will be released. These are prototypes.

Source pictures: Ikimon Nature Techni colour Twitter feed

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on June 24, 2018, 04:16:43 PM
Saw This on the Ikimon Twitter feed I do not know for sure when they will be released. These are prototypes.

Source pictures: Ikimon Nature Techni colour Twitter feed

It's about time. This prototypes (unpainted) for this set were released years ago. Nothing for me, but if I was a generalist I'd be on these big time! @widukind will be very very happy.

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 24, 2018, 06:02:49 PM
It's about time. This prototypes (unpainted) for this set were released years ago. Nothing for me, but if I was a generalist I'd be on these big time! @widukind will be very very happy.

Now you mention it. The twitter post came with an apologies from the designer, Saying people must think he is lasy, but that he was actually working to much and hard.
For years I have seen that their looking for modelmakers on their website.

These look great though!!  Maybe they will restore the "Nature of Japan" series one day.

stemturtle

Quote from: Beetle guy on April 21, 2018, 10:00:05 AM
I quess this is new Ikimon stuff for 2018.

Marine life themed sets.

Photo's from the Ikimon Twitter account.

A Twitter update from Ikimon announced December for the release of the NTC sea life set. The red figure is a coral.
https://twitter.com/NTC_ikimon/status/1040557332604715008

bmathison1972

Thanks stemturtle, it will be nice to get a new Calappa lophos figure, the three by Kaiyodo are essentially the same sculpt.