News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ikimon Co. - Nature Techni Colour - New for 2017

Started by bmathison1972, February 25, 2017, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Some June 2017 releases by Ichimon (formerly Kitan Club):

Luckily for me the 'NEW' species in the deep sea set are the two arthropods. The orange one appears to be an ostracod in the genus Macrocypridina but I am not sure yet about the little one, maybe a decapod larva?

image hosting over 5mb

image hosting over 5mb

brontodocus

The ostracod reminds me also of the giant Gigantocypris, but Macrocypridina seem to have proportionally longer antennae, so this may be a better match than Gigantocypris. The other crustacean is not a decapod larva but a phronimid amphipod, possibly Phronima sedentaria. These feed on salps and use their emptied gelatinous shell as shelter. So this may also be the first ever thaliacean figure, even if it's a dead one! 8)
By the way, the entire set is great, the other figures look better than almost every other previously released figure representing those species. Especially the oarfish. :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on February 25, 2017, 03:48:25 PM
The ostracod reminds me also of the giant Gigantocypris, but Macrocypridina seem to have proportionally longer antennae, so this may be a better match than Gigantocypris. The other crustacean is not a decapod larva but a phronimid amphipod, possibly Phronima sedentaria. These feed on salps and use their emptied gelatinous shell as shelter. So this may also be the first ever thaliacean figure, even if it's a dead one! 8)
By the way, the entire set is great, the other figures look better than almost every other previously released figure representing those species. Especially the oarfish. :)

This is also the first ostracod and amphipod figures made! Nice. An amphipod is much better than a decapod larva!

sbell

Those fish are nice. But nothing unique, so not sure how motivated I am to get them. Maybe if the coelacanth is offcially a L. menadoensis, which would at least be more unique.

But I have lots of coelacanths, frilled sharks and oarfish (20 years ago, I honestly didn't think I'd have figures of any of those!).

sauroid

those two sets are awesome, cant wait to have them. the coelacanth doesnt look like any of the previous Japanese coelacanth figures.

BlueKrono

I've definitely got to get the coelacanth, the dumbo octopus and the frilled shark. I know there's a whole parade of coelacanths out there, but how many frilled sharks have been made?
I like turtles.

sbell

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 26, 2017, 11:21:34 PM
I've definitely got to get the coelacanth, the dumbo octopus and the frilled shark. I know there's a whole parade of coelacanths out there, but how many frilled sharks have been made?

I personally have 7 different frilled sharks! And I know that there are others, like Neko Works, etc.

As an aside, I only noticed after this thread that I have two different species of oarfish--most are Regalecus russelli, the Slender oarfish (not sure why it is the favored one for the Japanese companies). The other is R. glesne, the giant oarfish, from the first Takara Tomy Deep Sea Fish series. Not sure what species are represented by the other figures out there. I'm curious to see what species this Ichimon will be.

Beetle guy

NICE!!!

pitty the frog in this pic did not make it in the line-up.

I will go for the plankton for sure!
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Interestingly, if some of you remember, the initial image of the Safari Deep Sea Creatures TOOB has a round orange object (you could see it in the back of the tube among the other items) that many speculated would be one of these benthic ostracods. Whatever that orange thing was, it didn't appear to make the final cut...

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

Looks like they are doing two deep sea sets, one in June and one in July.

Sean, looks like an interesting fish in this set. Otherwise a lot of duplicates. I think the isopod might be the same from their set a couple years ago (the size is the same...)

imagur

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 24, 2017, 11:19:34 PM

Sean, looks like an interesting fish in this set. Otherwise a lot of duplicates. I think the isopod might be the same from their set a couple years ago (the size is the same...)

imagur

I am interested in the brown coelacanth--curious if it will be called Latimeria menadoensis. I think I'll skip the opah (and the fish from the series I).

Mostly because this is another set of magnets and ball-chains. Not sure why Kitan/Ichimon/Nature Techni Colour needs to do that.

Beetle guy

stargatedalek

I don't mind the magnets when they're unobtrusive (IE the newts set), but I can't picture a magnet possibly being unobtrusive on a fish.

Beetle guy

I spoke to soon concerning the Frog set. There is another second frog set to be released!!

Pic from the Ichimon twitter account.

Beetle guy

It is actually 'Ikimon' instead of 'Ichimon'.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on June 24, 2017, 09:37:39 AM
It is actually 'Ikimon' instead of 'Ichimon'.

Well, they make a lot of reptiles, amphibians, and arthropods, so I am sure some people will say, "that's 'icky, mon!' "  :-X C:-) :P

Beetle guy

Just had the Toad (plus a Japanese tree frog) set coming in and the two artrhopods from the deep sea 1 set. Really awsome!! Frogs stuck on the fridge with their magnets ;-)

The two arthropods are fine. A pitty they had to place the company name so prominent on the arthropods, it it spoils the models a bit, I think.

robustus_

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 24, 2017, 11:19:34 PM

imagur

Wow, this set looks awesome! Definitely have to keep my eyes peeled for this one.