News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Coral Reef Fish

Started by postsaurischian, January 04, 2013, 07:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

brontodocus

The new Aquameridian figures are a feast for the eyes, as detailed and beautiful as the best similar sized Japanese gashapon figures. All figures come with the same 37*37 mm base with LED lighting and for each individual figures there are three different adhesive labels with the vernacular name (either in English, Japanese, or Chinese) and the scientific name. This is a walk-around of the Part 1 Humphead Wrasse or Napoleon Fish, Cheilinus undulatus Rüppell, 1835. This species is the largest known member of the Labridae or wrasses, attaining up to 2.29 m total length (TL, i.e.: including the caudal fin). Due to overfishing it has been listed "Endangered" by IUCN. The length of the adult figure is approx. 61 mm standard length (SL, i.e. without caudal fin) and approx. 72 mm total length (TL), so the scale for the adult would be between 1:9 and 1:37. The human figures are approx. 1:32 - 1:35 scale (diver from Safari Ltd Coral Reef Toob) and 1:35 scale (paleontologist from the Tamiya Dinosaur Diorama series). The juvenile figure is 19 mm SL and 23 mm TL, respectively.
Here's a link to the figure at its home at Aquameridian Limited: http://aqua-meridian.com/en/potostackgallery/product-part-1/clickin_hhwrasse-chinese-2/

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

postsaurischian

:D Wow, it's beautiful! I love the paintjob and the scale.

What a great series :)!

~The Mandarin~

Hooray for another beautiful humphead wrasse!  ^-^

brontodocus

Many thanks, Helge & The Mandarin! :) I've just checked my totally ridiculous waste of time of an Excel table - it's funny that the Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour Ocean 1 Humphead Wrasse (which has a similarly detailed paint job) is exactly the same length at 72 mm! ;D

Jetoar

This brand is amazinf and the Napoleon fish is very nice. Lighs are a big point for this figure and the brand  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

widukind

A wonderful catch :) :) I think i will search now for this fish too

widukind

I ask me why i dont know this figurine  :) Big congratulations

Jetoar

postsaurischian

Series:  Toba Aquarium
                                                        (This is figure No.15)

....... compared to Kaiyodo's Enoshima Aquarium figure:

brontodocus

Wow, there are some other nice Lionfish figures by Japanese companese companies but this one is awesome, especially those long, translucent pectorals! 8)

Edit: Wow, it seems I invented a new language. Companese. Ouch. :-[ ;D

Jetoar

brontodocus

Here is the walk-around of the Kaiyodo Aquatales Polyresin Aquatic animal figure collection Series 1 No. 003 Humphead Wrasse or Napoleon Fish, Cheilinus undulatus Rüppell, 1835. This largest known wrasse (Labridae) may grow to 2.29 m total length (TL, i.e.: including the caudal fin) and weigh as much as 191 Kg. The population of this popular species is in decline due to overfishing and it is considered "Endangered" by IUCN. The figure measures 69 mm standard length (SL, i.e. without caudal fin) and 83 mm total length (TL), so the scale for the adult would be between 1:8 and 1:33. The human figure is approx. 1:32 - 1:35 scale (diver from Safari Ltd Coral Reef Toob). The Aquatales Humphead Wrasse hase a nice but by no means perfect paint job, especially the large scales along the body are rather arbitrarily painted and the whitish rear margin of the caudal fin is a little too abrupt and sloppily applied. The colouration looks much better on e.g. the Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Ocean 1 and Aquameridian Part 1 figures.

Here is a comparison of four Humphead Wrasse figures. From left to right: Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Ocean 1, Kaiyodo Aquatales Polyresin Series 1 No. 003, Colorata Nature's Library Coral Reef Fish box, Aquameridian Part 1.

Edited 2017-02-04: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Takama

The only fish in the Collection so far. 

This was part of the First Wave of Yowies Released in the USA

bmathison1972

Please consider adding your Yowies images to this thread to beef up the taxonomic diversity :)

http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1685.0

Owen Leo

I like it's bright yellow color and the white stripes, makes it look so different from other fish, it's just unique.

brontodocus

brontodocus

Broken image urls of IC Weedy Seadragon walk-around fixed. :)

brontodocus