News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Coral Reef Fish

Started by postsaurischian, January 04, 2013, 07:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

brontodocus

Wow, great scene! :) It's also quite similar to the secret Amphiprion ocellaris pair from the Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour Ocean set.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ana

~The Mandarin~

This is the Humphead wrasse (Cheilinus undulatus) from Nature Techni Colour - Kaiyukan Aquarium, Osaka collection. The fish figurine is approximately 5cm long which brings the scale anywhere between 1:30 to 1:40.

And just in case you were wondering how the unopened capsule looked:  ^-^

AnimalToyForum

Wow, great walk-around of a wonderful figure. Thanks for sharing. I was just about to say how quiet the walk-around section has been recently and then you come along and post a bunch. Excellent! :D Welcome to the ATF by the way  8)

~The Mandarin~

Jetoar

Amazing, they have done the glass of aquarium also ;).

brontodocus

Oh, welcome from me too, The Mandarin! :) It's amazing how small yet detailed these Nature Techni Colour figures are, this one is even a good deal smaller than the one from the Ocean 1 set! :o
Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 09, 2013, 04:19:02 PM
I was just about to say how quiet the walk-around section has been recently and then you come along and post a bunch.
I have already planned to publish a few this week or so. Been a little inactive here because I had to prepare lectures and supervise students until Friday. Can't wait to photograph my new acquisitions!

~The Mandarin~

Thanks!  ^-^

Nature Techni Colour went a step further and made some of the sets connect to become a larger diorama to replicate the Kaiyukan Aquarium and its inhabitants. This is the Humphead wrasse, Whale shark and Manta ray sets combined:

~The Mandarin~

I finally found Nemo! :)) This is the Ocellaris clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris) from Yujin - Sea fish series. The figurine measures approximately 5cm long and is detachable from the anemone base.

~The Mandarin~

This is the Regal blue tang (Paracanthurus hepatus) from Yujin - Sea fish series. The figurine measures approximately 5cm long.

widukind

Jetoar

Jetoar

Jetoar

It is ideal for a fake aquarium ^-^.

brontodocus

A wonderful figure! :) Too bad I don't have a single Yujin fish. :'(

~The Mandarin~

This is the secret item from the Ogasawara series: a pair of Wrought iron butterflyfish (Chaetodon dedalma)  on a Maxima clam (Tridacna maxima) base. The fish each measure approximately 3.3cm (1:5 scale).

widukind

Jetoar