News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Searching desperately for life-size KING CRAB replicas. Thanks ahead :)

Started by Lunaboots, January 08, 2017, 03:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaboots

If anyone has any source how to find replica king crabs in high quantities that would be amazing. Please email me at [email protected]
Even if its just small quantities, I need them desperately for a film shoot. Sorry to invade this forum, in case this upsets anyone, just felt that perhaps you guys were knowledgeable and worth asking.

I live in Los Angeles, CA USA but can order international.

stargatedalek

I don't know if you have access to 3D printers (and if not you could try 3D hubs, it's the 3D printing equivalent of Uber), but I have this model I've been meaning to print in 1:1 for quite some time now.

https://sketchfab.com/models/ba482cf822e84d11950924b79ea8ed5b

I don't know if you will need to make an account before downloading, but hopefully this will let you print as many as you need.

bmathison1972

I have a life-sized figure that shows up on YAJ from time to time (I think it's by Nihon Auto Toy) but it is probably not realistic enough for film quality

sbell

I would also suggest grocery store suppliers, restaurant decor suppliers, that sort of thing--they often have replica seafood models. I don't know of a particular source though.

brontodocus

Hi Lunaboots and welcome to the Animal Toy Forum! :) Hmm, sorry, I think I can't help either. Sbell's suggestion may be your best chance to get one. While I've seen mostly lobsters, rock lobsters, or crabs, I assume replicas of king crabs exist. Good luck hunting! :)