News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland - New for 2017

Started by bmathison1972, January 04, 2017, 02:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Bullyland is announcing there 2017 figures. I am jumping the gun because three are of particular interest to me: white-kneed tarantula, blue ornamental tarantula, and....a velvet spider, Eresus kollari (last image)!!!! This is the first figure, to my knowledge, of a member of the family Eresidae! And I think all three species are NEW figures at the species-level!

I'll let other post other animals. Frankly their dinosaurs and wildlife aren't that particularly exciting (or good!).

stargatedalek

Their dinosaurs this year are pretty sad, but I haven't seen the other vertebrates yet to say. Hopefully they are more alike to these lovely spiders (I could ahve sworn I'd saw a blue ornamental before).

CetaceanFan

stargatedalek, I agree both the animal and dinosaur figures for 2017 are pretty sad looking considering that Bullyland have made some great figures before.  :-\

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 04, 2017, 02:56:57 AM
Their dinosaurs this year are pretty sad, but I haven't seen the other vertebrates yet to say. Hopefully they are more alike to these lovely spiders (I could ahve sworn I'd saw a blue ornamental before).

Maybe. Play Visions did an Indian Ornamental tarantula that's in the same genus but a different species, and there are a couple figuresmall of cobalt blue tarantulas which again are different

stargatedalek

I was probably thinking of one of the cobalt, thanks.

brontodocus

Yay, so Bullyland makes an Eresus kollari male? :o 8) And is this the first ever Poecilotheria metallica figure? Was about time someone made one of the most popular theraphosids in toy form!

Takama

b]Wolf Walking (64463)[/b]

Wolf Pup (64464)

Wolf howling (64465)

Black Rhinoceros (63697)

Cape Buffalo (63698)

Giraffe Male 20cm (63710)

Hamster (64610)

Hare (64611)

Rabbit (64612)

Guinea Pig (64613)

CetaceanFan

Hmmm. . . Bullyland has gone downhill, I'm afraid severely for both extant and extinct animals
(I have an account on DinoToyForum too).  :-[   :'(

BlueKrono

Do you have the same name on the DTF, or a different one?
I like turtles.

CetaceanFan

No, BlueKrono my favorite Dinosaur is Deinocheirus, which should give you a hint.

bmathison1972

Ha! See, the spiders were the best in the lot! :-) (although if I was a generalist I'd probably get the hamster too). The wolves are dreadful (well, for the standards we set for a major company), but maybe it's just these particular paint jobs.

BlueKrono

Ah, well it wouldn't be inappropriate. There were prehistoric cetaceans after all. But on the topic at hand, I will probably actually buy the hamster. It's the color morph that I collect.
I like turtles.

CetaceanFan

Your right BlueKrono, but I still love the fact that the Deinocheirus is one of, if not the most mysterious extinct animals.
Although I do like the Basilosaurus, Dorudon, and other types that I'm not aware of.
Also my username on DTF is JoeyTheDeinocheirus

brontodocus

Seriously... while I will certainly get at least two (if not all three) of the spiders the rest is quite disappointing for me. :-\

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on January 12, 2017, 12:12:54 PM
Seriously... while I will certainly get at least two (if not all three) of the spiders the rest is quite disappointing for me. :-\

These models just remind us, more, of what Bullyland USED to be capable of. Their figures are more cartoon than model now. Which makes sense, since their licensed lines are all they really seem to care about these days.

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on January 12, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

These models just remind us, more, of what Bullyland USED to be capable of. Their figures are more cartoon than model now. Which makes sense, since their licensed lines are all they really seem to care about these days.
Absolutely! To think that this is the same company that made the MuseumLine models with all those wonderful prehistoric mammals, pseudosuchians, and what not. :'(

CetaceanFan

Quote from: brontodocus on January 12, 2017, 01:36:20 PM
Quote from: sbell on January 12, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

Absolutely! To think that this is the same company that made the MuseumLine models with all those wonderful prehistoric mammals, pseudosuchians, and what not. :'(

I completely agree with you brontodocus and sbell, the company has gone very downhill, since they started making figures from cartoons.

Jetoar

In my country, I have only found the disney figures...... I would like to find more animal figures of these brand as for example the wisent.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures