News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mammalian Spitters: Camels and Llamas

Started by brontodocus, January 02, 2013, 11:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Papo Wild Animals Bactrian Camel, Camelus bactrianus, Linnaeus, 1758. Shoulder height is 75 mm and hump height 93 mm. So the scale is approx. 1:24 - 1:30. The human figure (Noblewoman from Safari Ltd. Ancient Rome) is approx. 1:27 scale.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Cool figure friend, I like the textures ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ana

One of the best Bactrian camel figures I know (next to the amazing Lineol bactrian). Wonderful animal figure. :)

I like the photos too, and how amazing choice of human figure, this add so much life to the scene :) Thank You for sharing :D

brontodocus

The pleasure is all mine, Ana! :) And I'm glad I bought it but it's still my only tylopod figure... :-[ I guess that needs to be changed, eventually. :)

postsaurischian

Lovely figure :), a bit x-legged maybe ;D.
The Noblewoman is a great comparison figure for the Camel.
Do you also have a Hannibal for the elephants :)?

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 03, 2013, 06:20:20 PM
Lovely figure :), a bit x-legged maybe ;D.
The Noblewoman is a great comparison figure for the Camel.
Do you also have a Hannibal for the elephants :)?
Yes, the x-leggedness is something we can see quite often in Papo artiodactyls, e.g. the reindeer is similar in this respect. I have the Noblewoman (and the entire Ancient Rome figures) since March 2010 - Safari Ltd. sent me a surprise parcel back then and those were part of it but they weren't even in the catalogue. I wonder if they had been planned to be released earlier? I don't have a Hannibal figure... but I think some of the best ones to go with elephants are those which you have, too: The man from the Safari Ltd. "African Village Toob" for elephants around 1:30 and the Accoutrements "Horrified B-Movie Victims" for those around 1:22.5.

Dragonwolf

LOL, X-leggedness!! ;D. Never heard of that before, but I see what I means.

Nevertheless, this camel, his 1-humped brother and their wooly cousin, the Llama, are all great models as far as Papo is concerned. The two camels are good-sized, too, with the slimmer dromedary a bit larger.
Guess what day it is??  >:D

Speaking of X-leggedness, has anyone look at the Mojo Emu head on (front view)??

widukind

AcroSauroTaurus

I really thought there was a camelid thread already, apparently not.

My Camels/Llamas (Macrauchenia added because otherwise there would've been only two)

Figures:
Schleich Llama (retired)
Schleich Bactrian Camel (retired)
Ja-Ru Macrauchenia
I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

Stuckasaurus

I don't know the Macrauchenia, sorry. How big are the camel and the llama?

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 11, 2017, 05:43:37 PM
I don't know the Macrauchenia, sorry. How big are the camel and the llama?

The Llama measures 3in long and a little over 3in tall, the camel measures 5in long and a little under 3.5in tall.
I am the Dinosaur King!

widukind

Here are mine:

camles by Britains, VEB Plaho, Domplast i think and a smal Bully

VEB Plaho dromedarys

VEB llamas and a small llama bought in the 80s in the czech republik

Alpaca by Safari Ltd

Yowie

Rossano

I was going to buy a Llama figurine from Papo, but it had a broken ear and I letf it and took just the very good Yak.

I think it is the best figurine among those that I see here. Is there some other piece that's been produced in the meanwhilwe?

Takama

Animalibus

Hello, this is my Camelidae collection: Alpaca family (Schleich), Bactrian Camel with calf (Papo), Dromedary family (Papo and Safari), Guanaco (Papo named Llama) and a Llama (Collecta) with alpacas. Llama and Alpaca are domesticated forms of Guanaco and Vicunha respectively. They are camelids found exclusively in the Neotropical Region, specifically in the Andes. 

Animalibus

I would like Collecta or another brand to launch Vicunha. I had the opportunity to see wild vicuñas in the Atacama Desert and they are very beautiful and cute.

Beetle guy

Nice additions to the topic Animalibus!!
To beetle or not to beetle.

Advicot

It looks like it has a black mullet!  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!