News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich New for 2017

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, September 02, 2016, 06:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Since no one has posted about it yet...

First the resculpts.
Red Fox

Wild Boar

bull Moose

Bald Eagle

Orangutan baby

Orangutan female with articulated limbs.

Melanic Jaguar

Giant Panda

Horse (not a horse expert...)

Black Bear and Striped Skunk. (with the already pictured Moose)

Red Deer stag. (with already pictured Red Fox and Boar)

Ibex, American Mountain Goat, and a new sculpt, a Mouflon.

male Lion, Zebra mare, African Elephant calf, Chimpanzee.

Female Gorilla

Male Gorilla

Jaguar

Donkey foal, Brown Rooster, Holstein calf, and female Sheep.

Cat

Brown Lab puppy

Brown Lab

Goat kid

Goat female

Rabbit

Brown Hen

Mallard Duck male

Mallard Duck female

Horses

New species
Sloth Bear

Green Anaconda

Toco Toucan

Sitting Giant Panda (i know its not a new species for the company, but its a new pose)

Sets

Supposedly these are not all of them...
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

im liking the two new gorillas. wish they also made a new baby.

stargatedalek

More birds permanently fused to branch's, yay...

NightLioness

I need that new Border Collie so bad!

stargatedalek

I'm glad I don't want any Schleich next year, I only just got this years pelican a few days ago.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 04, 2016, 02:36:47 AM
I'm glad I don't want any Schleich next year, I only just got this years pelican a few days ago.

Agreed, I picked up the Dunkleosteus and Shark ray and that's all I need this year. I don't see any marine/aquatic animals yet, so we'll see there.

Also--why can't Schleich do snakes' skin? What'swith the weird, inappropriate texturing? I thought it was a rough-scale viper or something like that at first. CollectA's Anaconda is much better.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 02, 2016, 02:49:11 PM
More birds permanently fused to branch's, yay...

I'll get the Toucan, Chickens, and Ducks, but that Bald Eagle is so much worse than the last one...
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

More 2017 figures revealed.

All resculpts.

Asian Elephant calf.

Asian Elephant male

Asian Elephant female

Red Kangaroo female

I am the Dinosaur King!

Jetoar

Toco Toucan is really spectacular. Well done it Schleich  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

Quote from: Jetoar on September 06, 2016, 11:04:25 PM
I prefer their older toco, granted it's also attached to a branch.

brontodocus

Honestly, I can't say that I'm disappointed. My expectations were very low considering Schleich's variety in species. Well, so I can actually be quite happy about the unexpected release of a nice Sloth Bear. Some (not all) of the updated ones look quite good, too.

Jetoar

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 07, 2016, 04:00:13 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 06, 2016, 11:04:25 PM
I prefer their older toco, granted it's also attached to a branch.

Yes, I know it, I made a walk- round of it. However the details this figure is better. I think Schleich is making good figures. Dinosaurs is another point and we musnt crucify them for an only line.

Quote from: brontodocus on September 08, 2016, 09:24:11 AM
Honestly, I can't say that I'm disappointed. My expectations were very low considering Schleich's variety in species. Well, so I can actually be quite happy about the unexpected release of a nice Sloth Bear. Some (not all) of the updated ones look quite good, too.

I totally agree with you Brontodocus, new Schleich additions are really nice  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

major brands especially Schleich should stop making elephants with oversized head. why is it so hard for them to make proportional elephants.

bmathison1972

several of the species seem influenced by the release of the new Jungle Book movie  ;D C:-)

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 10, 2016, 02:09:33 AM
several of the species seem influenced by the release of the new Jungle Book movie  ;D C:-)

The Asian Elephants, the Orangutans, the Sloth Bear, melanic Jaguar,(although it shouldn't be a jaguar) all we're missing is new Tigers, Water Buffalo, monkeys, and Blackbuck. ;) But supposedly there are more to come so we will see.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Elephas Maximus

Elephant legs finally got less cartoonish, such an 'achievement'.
That ugly disproportioned head of asian female... they repeat the same mistake 3rd time.
The new calf is simply monstrous.

And why painting the skin folds so dark, adding to their depth? It's kinda justified with africans, but asians have smoother skin (previous version was better from this point), so advanced sculpt could be enough.

sauroid

i agree with you. i dont know why these big brands especially Schleich keep failing with their elephant figures. they have a living animal as a model for their sculpts.

Elephas Maximus

Comparing to other brands, Schleich figures seem to have a higher degree of cuteness in proportions, that may ruin the realism, but appeal to kids. Even their newest horses are 'cute'.
In terms of kids safety, sharp points or long very thin appendages are undesirable, so that's why their bird legs are fused together & with base, tails fused with body, tusks/horns are blunted, etc.
The creators try to enhance realism with 'super-detailed' texturing, which is not always really necessary. For example, Schleich birds look shaggy because of attempt to show individual feather barbs, comparing to smooth plumage of real specimens or other brands' figures, which have finer, less deep texturing.

Also, it's nice to see big cats slowly evolving into something closer to Papo's ones (arguably the best of all).

stargatedalek

Quote from: Elephas Maximus on October 07, 2016, 03:47:08 PMSchleich birds look shaggy because of attempt to show individual feather barbs, comparing to smooth plumage of real specimens or other brands' figures, which have finer, less deep texturing.
It kind of works for the ratites and pelicans, but that's really it.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!