News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

AcroSauroTaurus's Collection

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, August 18, 2016, 12:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Here is my collection, let me know if there are any figures you want ID'd. ;)

Jurassic Park carnivores

Jurassic Park herbivores

Jurassic World

Schleich, Safari, JP

CollectA standards

Wild Safari

Carnegie/Safari

Dino Riders, Invicta, Schleich, etc.

Sauropods

CollectA deluxe/modern animals

Random figures I put on the same shelf.

Schleich extant animals

Marine life

Battats/sculpts

Papo

More random figures I put on the same shelf.

Godzilla/Dragons

A bunch of random figures on a big shelf.

Fossils and Cobras

AAA Cheetah and Schleich young Stegosaurus

Lego Dino

Safari Dragons (I also have the Battat Hydra, but its not pictured)

Pterosaurs
I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

Aw, wonderful! Quite some rarities, too, it seems you also have the large PV angelshark for example. :) I wonder what brand that large Velociraptor skeleton is - definitely not the Favorite desktop model but seems a very good one nonetheless.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: brontodocus on August 25, 2016, 10:37:23 AM
Aw, wonderful! Quite some rarities, too, it seems you also have the large PV angelshark for example. :) I wonder what brand that large Velociraptor skeleton is - definitely not the Favorite desktop model but seems a very good one nonetheless.

Thank you! And yes I do have some rarities in there despite being only 18, I have some figures that I don't even know anything about. And the Veloci skeleton is by Edu-Toys, they also have a big Tyrannosaurus and a Giraffatitan labelled as Brachiosaurus.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sbell

That's a decent collection!

Tell me, in the first marine life photo, what is the ray at the front of the shelf between the flattened cephalopod and the dolphin? I think the WS toob Hatchetfish is sitting on top of it.

Thanks!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sbell on August 29, 2016, 03:18:07 AM

Tell me, in the first marine life photo, what is the ray at the front of the shelf between the flattened cephalopod and the dolphin? I think the WS toob Hatchetfish is sitting on top of it.

Thanks!

The ray is an old random Stingray that came in this big, now retired Animal Planet set. (Came out before Chap Mei existed)

And its actually a very nice looking Stingray, but I have no idea where you can find the set nowadays, I was pretty young when I got it. The "flattened cephalopod" is a Cuttlefish btw. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

widukind

Thank you for the ray pic. I also own that and i never know what the brand is. Now i know the ray is the best in this set :)

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: widukind on August 29, 2016, 09:20:21 PM
Thank you for the ray pic. I also own that and i never know what the brand is. Now i know the ray is the best in this set :)

The Giant Spider Crab in the set isn't bad either. And, there aren't many spider crabs made. I also like the Dolphins and the Octopus. I lost the Octopus, Shark, Sea Lions, Turtle, humans, dolphin calf, cage, and submarine though.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sbell

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on August 29, 2016, 06:02:33 AM

Thanks!

The ray is an old random Stingray that came in this big, now retired Animal Planet set. (Came out before Chap Mei existed)

And its actually a very nice looking Stingray, but I have no idea where you can find the set nowadays, I was pretty young when I got it. The "flattened cephalopod" is a Cuttlefish btw. ;)

Seeing it closer, it looks familiar, but is isn't a stingray--more like a species of skate. The brown ray Raja miraletus or the Cape Verde skate R. herwigi both have that disc shape (pectorals attach behind the head, which sticks forward in a round shape) and a series of spots with two larger ocelli midway down the sides. http://www.fishbase.org/identification/SpeciesList.php?famcode=19

And I figured it as a cuttlefish--but with those types of figures it's sometimes easier to be more generalized.

widukind

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on August 31, 2016, 05:47:41 AM
Quote from: widukind on August 29, 2016, 09:20:21 PM

The Giant Spider Crab in the set isn't bad either. And, there aren't many spider crabs made. I also like the Dolphins and the Octopus. I lost the Octopus, Shark, Sea Lions, Turtle, humans, dolphin calf, cage, and submarine though.

You are right, the crab is nice too :)

widukind

Quote from: sbell on August 31, 2016, 02:15:21 PM

Thanks!

Seeing it closer, it looks familiar, but is isn't a stingray--more like a species of skate. The brown ray Raja miraletus or the Cape Verde skate R. herwigi both have that disc shape (pectorals attach behind the head, which sticks forward in a round shape) and a series of spots with two larger ocelli midway down the sides. http://www.fishbase.org/identification/SpeciesList.php?famcode=19

And I figured it as a cuttlefish--but with those types of figures it's sometimes easier to be more generalized.

Interesting information :)

AcroSauroTaurus

Thanks!

Ah, a Skate. Haven't heard or seen those in a long time, which is probably why I didn't recognize it at first. Well, its a pretty good representation of one, are there other skate figures? Or is this a unique figure?
I am the Dinosaur King!

sbell

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 01, 2016, 03:37:50 AM

Thanks!

Ah, a Skate. Haven't heard or seen those in a long time, which is probably why I didn't recognize it at first. Well, its a pretty good representation of one, are there other skate figures? Or is this a unique figure?

There are a couple--many 'stingray' figures are kind of crosses between skates and stingrays.

AAA makes one (called a stingray), and Animal Kaiser makes a really nice Velez skate. There is also a weird soft rubber keychain from a French company called PĂȘcheries Boulonnaises. The Velez is the only one labelled to species though.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sbell on September 01, 2016, 05:26:47 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 01, 2016, 03:37:50 AM

Thanks!

There are a couple--many 'stingray' figures are kind of crosses between skates and stingrays.

AAA makes one (called a stingray), and Animal Kaiser makes a really nice Velez skate. There is also a weird soft rubber keychain from a French company called PĂȘcheries Boulonnaises. The Velez is the only one labelled to species though.

Ok. Well if there are any other figures in my collection that you want ID'd, let me know! I've got quite the collection...
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Time to update my collection with the figures I got for Christmas.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Finally able to set up my shelves in the new house,(my family moved since the last collection pictures(with the green wall) were taken.) so I figured I'd show my new set-up. Not all of my extant animal figures are displayed yet.

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

bmathison1972

Nice! I have the seal and toucan!

Avian

I noticed you have the CollectA Quetzalcoatlus. I have thought about buying it, but others I have seen have had a warped beak. Does yours suffer the same issue?
You must understand the past before you can change the future.