News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Prosimians

Started by stemturtle, February 17, 2016, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aye-Aye Fan

Quote from: Advicot on December 31, 2020, 03:52:47 PM
Two wonderful figures which are both on my wishlist

Good luck with finding the pv one! That's on my wishlist too!
I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored. ~ Sir David Attenborough

Advicot

If I ever find that is  ^-^
Don't I take long uploading photos!

stemturtle

Lesser bushbaby, Galago senegalensis (Action Products), height 2.6 inches or 6.6 cm.
ID is not marked. Dated 1999. The base is not included.

4 figures of this species are: Action Products, Nayab, Safari, and Yowie.
Action Products was liquidated, so this galago is difficult to find.
Thanks to NMR_Okapi, member of STS, for trading this figure to me

stemturtle

Spectral tarsier, Tarsius tarsier (syn. T. spectrum), by Diramix. ID is speculative.
Length about 3 inches or 7.5 cm. Belly is marked The Epic Animals.
Made of soft, squeezable rubber. 2015.

Cover page of tarsier booklet and first page in Italian.

The collection of 15 Epic Animals of the Night.

I was happy to find this tarsier on eBay from Spain.
Please send a PM if you have the aye-aye or bushbaby to sell.
Thanks to @valmont for posting about the Epic Animals.

Aye-Aye Fan

I really want that Aye-Aye now!
I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored. ~ Sir David Attenborough

endogenylove

Quote from: stemturtle on April 14, 2021, 10:11:11 PM

Spectral tarsier, Tarsius tarsier (syn. T. spectrum), by Diramix. ID is speculative.
Length about 3 inches or 7.5 cm. Belly is marked The Epic Animals.
Made of soft, squeezable rubber. 2015.

Cover page of tarsier booklet and first page in Italian.

The collection of 15 Epic Animals of the Night.

I was happy to find this tarsier on eBay from Spain.
Please send a PM if you have the aye-aye or bushbaby to sell.
Thanks to @valmont for posting about the Epic Animals.

A star nosed mole?? A Russian Desman?? This set is incredibly interesting!
Always looking for new species...

Advicot

:o This is indeed very interesting!
Don't I take long uploading photos!

stemturtle

Slow loris, Nycticebus sp. (Schleich, # 14852), height 1.4 inches or 3.5 cm., 2022.
Schleich identified the genus but not the species.
I bought this adorable figure on Amazon .

Comparison of slow lorises by Schleich and by Eikoh Miniatureplanet.

bmathison1972

Thanks @stemturtle - I anticipated you showing this figure :). have complemented getting this, since the Natural History figure was marketed as the Bengal slow loris and I have the Eikoh as a pygmy (since it's the smallest  ^-^ ) but not sure I like it enough to get it. Leave it to Schleich to make a cute animal look cute in the wrong ways lol

NSD Bashe

Here are a couple lemurs from McDonald's (plus a Safari TOOB sifaka)

toylemurs2.jpg

The ringtail has a soft tail, turnable head and its hands form a little clip-on function so it can hang onto the edge of something.  The black and white ruffed lemur was also from McDonald's but only in Australia; it seems like it has/had some kind of possible battery function.

toylemursbrandmark2.jpg

Brands are Australia Zoo and Disney Animal Kingdom

EpicRaptorMan

I'm looking for a red Ruffed Lemur toy.

I had one for years, super detailed and approx 6in long (so relatively large). It was in a quadrupedal walking pose with the tail pointed upward and hooked down.
I unfortunately, recently donated it to Goodwill a couple years ago ;( I already searched but no answers.
Anyone know the brand? Or know what I'm talking about?

SerAndrew

NSD Bashe

The only red ruffed lemur figure with the tail hooked down I see is from a line called Little Critterz, but those are porcelain and not all that detailed
...unless it's the K&M one with the bendable tail and it just happened to be positioned that way

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 29, 2022, 08:29:33 AMI'm looking for a red Ruffed Lemur toy.

I had one for years, super detailed and approx 6in long (so relatively large). It was in a quadrupedal walking pose with the tail pointed upward and hooked down.
I unfortunately, recently donated it to Goodwill a couple years ago ;( I already searched but no answers.
Anyone know the brand? Or know what I'm talking about?

Is it one of these: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Red_ruffed_lemur

It could also have been a bootleg/knockoff of the Papo black-and-white ruffed lemur, but repainted as a red ruffed. I think I remember seeing them out of China several years ago (but maybe yours is older?)

If not, check out these

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 @NSD Bashe @SerAndrew I already looked on the toyanimal wiki and no...none of them remotely match. The toy probably came out in the late 90s or early 00s.

And again, quite large (5-6 inches long excluding the tail) heavy and super detailed. The most detailed Ruffed Lemur I'd ever seen...surpassing Papo's B/W variant.

NSD Bashe

One possible thing to do is look for brands that produce similar types of figures, especially lesser known or defunct brands, and every now and then image search (brand name) red lemur and see what comes up..  If you had to guess, are there any figures from brands you know of that seem similar at all?  Were there any odd or specific things you can remember about the feel of the plastic (assuming it was plastic), and do you have any other figures that feel/look similar?  Or even just figures of similar size?

A few brands I would check might be like Toy Major, Ravensden, Imperial Wonder Zoo...  depending how desperate you are to find it, maybe you could even get in contact with someone who worked for a given brand you suspect could be the maker and ask them if they remember producing a figure like that

EpicRaptorMan

@NSD Bashe a lot of the toys were my childhood ones that I had gone back and donated after being boxed up. And that lemur stood out and being a child I never paid mind to the branding.

I can draw the figure's posture quite well too if that would help. It was definitely a hard sturdy plastic and the tail had identical texture to Papo's B/W Ruffed Lemur tail.
No other toys were similar/similar brand

That's the funny thing too...when I was going through all those old boxes I literally stopped and stared at this Lemur deciding on whether or not to keep it...I decided to keep it and then a couple hours later I tossed it in the donate pile anyway. :laugh: which makes the loss all the more personal

EpicRaptorMan

Update: this is the posture of the red Ruffed Lemur. It's possible the tail was slightly more curled.

Face looking forward, in a walking position

Aye-Aye Fan

I really wish they'd release more Prosimian figures. I guess it's cause it's a more unknown animal group for the general public and figures wouldn't necessarily sell as well considering most people you meet would call a Lemur a Monkey.

endogenylove

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 30, 2022, 11:32:58 PMUpdate: this is the posture of the red Ruffed Lemur. It's possible the tail was slightly more curled.

Face looking forward, in a walking position
Is this the figure you're looking for?

I was looking through a user's wishlist on the STS forum and saw this image, and immediately remembered reading this thread a couple of days ago. Unfortunately no brand is given.
Always looking for new species...