News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari ltd - New for 2016

Started by stargatedalek, October 22, 2015, 10:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Post updated with images - Admin  C:-)

safari_best_in_show_bulldog

safari_farm_brown_swiss_bull

safari_farm_brown_swiss_calf

safari_farm_brown_swiss_cow

safari_farm_manx_cat

safari_farm_tabby_cat

safari_incredible_creatures_duckling

safari_incredible_creatures_ferret

safari_incredible_creatures_pot_bellied_pig

safari_wild_safari_north_american_wildlife_black_bear

safari_wild_safari_north_american_wildlife_grizzly_bear

safari_wild_safari_north_american_wildlife_lynx

safari_wild_safari_sea_life_bonnethead_shark

safari_wild_safari_sea_life_great_white_shark

safari_wild_safari_sea_life_megamouth_shark

safari_wild_safari_sea_life_octopus

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_cassowary

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_chimpanzee

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_red_deer

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_meerkat

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_platypus

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_spoonbill

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_wallaby

safari_wild_safari_wildlife_white_cobra

safari_wildlife_wonders_cheetah

safari_wildlife_wonders_moose

safari_wings_of_the_world_figure_toucan

safari_wings_of_the_world_lorikeet

safari_wings_of_the_world_mockingbird

safari_wings_of_the_world_white_pelican

safari_winners_circle_palumino_mustang_stallion

safari_winners_circle_pinto_mustang_stallion

safari_winners_circle_trakehner_mare

safari_winners_circle_trakehner_stallion

stargatedalek

Spoonbill is making me practically sweat in anticipation! And is that a new logo?

(double post since I'm reserving the OP for new updates)

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 22, 2015, 10:21:50 PM
Spoonbill is making me practically sweat in anticipation! And is that a new logo?

(double post since I'm reserving the OP for new updates)

yeah a spoonbill sounds really cool. If I were more taxonomically diverse, it'd be one I'd get for sure!

But if a piglet and duckling are going to be passed on as 'Incredible' creatures, I'm gonna lose it LOL

AnimalToyForum

They are already for sale on Amazon!?

Here's the images :)

sauroid

cant wait to see more of the new ones

sbell

I like the octopus--not sure if it's a different species, but for once it isn't a red-pink-orange octopus. There are so many varieties, and yet everybody sticks to the same colour. I haven't seen the back of the cobra, so I don't know if the repaint is worth it.

The dragons, I can take or leave.

Takama

sbell   Here is the Back of that Cobra

Stuckasaurus

I wonder what sorts of large-bodied mammals there will be this year...

AnimalToyForum

More figures are now listed on Safari Ltd's Amazon page, the cockatoo and pelican. Rereleases rather than brand new, I think?

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on October 28, 2015, 01:44:41 PM
More figures are now listed on Safari Ltd's Amazon page, the cockatoo and pelican. Rereleases rather than brand new, I think?

everything except the standing bear seems to be a re-release or repaint. This does not bode well...

stargatedalek

The octopus is also a new sculpt, and we got five new extinct sculpts, so it's not all repaints.
Don't forget the animals we can see in the promotional material that haven't been revealed in detail yet.

Personally I don't mind these reissues, I missed out on that pelican and have been meaning for a while to get after it. Is the pelican a reissue for sure? I seem to recall the original having a fish fused in its beak.

bmathison1972

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 28, 2015, 02:46:57 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on October 28, 2015, 01:44:41 PM

everything except the standing bear (edit: so far...) seems to be a re-release or repaint. This does not bode well...

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 28, 2015, 04:38:10 PM
The octopus is also a new sculpt, and we got five new extinct sculpts, so it's not all repaints.
Don't forget the animals we can see in the promotional material that haven't been revealed in detail yet.

Personally I don't mind these reissues, I missed out on that pelican and have been meaning for a while to get after it. Is the pelican a reissue for sure? I seem to recall the original having a fish fused in its beak.

I cannot tell if the octopus is new. It looks a lot like the WS one but the eyes do seem to have a more 'prominent brow' (for lack of a better term). I would get the octopus, if I were into the non-armored, non-jointy inverts  :P

OkapiBoy

brontodocus

Hmm, I hope we will still see some more new figures by Safari Ltd in 2016... The detail on the standing American Black Bear Looks quite crisp, I was wondering if this may be part of the Wildlife Wonders series (even though there already is a WW Black Bear, but the retired Vanishing Wild series also had different figures representing the same species). Thinking of it - could the Chimpanzee please be a Wildlife Wonders figure? That wold be really cool!

doug watson

Quote from: brontodocus on October 31, 2015, 08:26:54 PM
Hmm, I hope we will still see some more new figures by Safari Ltd in 2016... The detail on the standing American Black Bear Looks quite crisp, I was wondering if this may be part of the Wildlife Wonders series (even though there already is a WW Black Bear, but the retired Vanishing Wild series also had different figures representing the same species). Thinking of it - could the Chimpanzee please be a Wildlife Wonders figure? That wold be really cool!

It actually says what line they are from on the video on Safari Ltd's Facebook page so I won't be giving out any secrets. The Standing Black Bear is part of the North American Wildlife line and the charging male chimpanzee is part of the Wild Safari Wildlife line.

stargatedalek

Added a few new additions from Amazon. I'm fairly certain the two birds are re-releases, but I could swear that used to be referred to as a fruit in the Toucans bill. If it is removable though than that would make it a new sculpt or at least a retool.

Stuckasaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 22, 2015, 04:56:50 PM
Added a few new additions from Amazon. I'm fairly certain the two birds are re-releases, but I could swear that used to be referred to as a fruit in the Toucans bill. If it is removable though than that would make it a new sculpt or at least a retool.

Might you be thinking of the Toob toucan? It's a different breed (the orange beaked kind) and the fruit is held closer to the tip of the beak, but it's very similar otherwise.

stargatedalek

The toob mold has been used as multiple species (not breeds), and no I was thinking of one larger and I'm fairly certain this is the same one.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 23, 2015, 09:20:50 PM
The toob mold has been used as multiple species (not breeds), and no I was thinking of one larger and I'm fairly certain this is the same one.

I just looked at eh 2016 releases document and they don't actually show it with the ball at all, just an open mouth! And they didn't reference the ball either. How odd.