News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Toy Display Mountains

Started by pelycosaurus, July 14, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pelycosaurus

I was wondering what companies or toy lines made display mountains for their figure lines here are some pics here.

sbell

Those are the companies!

Bullyland used to make them for the prehistoric lines back when they were good. Safari continues to make a single version (the one that is holding the Monterey and Carnegie dinos in your pics). Originally, the Carnegie was the style of your other picture, but now they are different colours of the same mold. I think they used green for the Hidden Kingdom/Incredible Creatures models as well.

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on July 14, 2015, 02:09:56 AM
Originally, the Carnegie was the style of your other picture, but now they are different colours of the same mold. I think they used green for the Hidden Kingdom/Incredible Creatures models as well.
And they used green for the Vanishing Wild Collection, too, I have one of those (mine is also a German version since the stickers are in German). :)

Jetoar

I remember these displaies when I was a child. It is a pity that today dont do them  :(.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

While they definitely look cool, I understand why  many stores/companies no longer use them. They decrease drastically the number of figures that can be out on shelves at a given time.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 14, 2015, 07:54:08 PM
While they definitely look cool, I understand why  many stores/companies no longer use them. They decrease drastically the number of figures that can be out on shelves at a given time.

I've used them in a store. And I have one at home. And I have to agree--they are enormous, and take a huge amount of selling space, with nothing for sale on them (the originals usually had the figures glued on very strongly--they weren't going to be for sale, at least in good shape).

Plus, the spaces are awkward. I use mine for my dragons, most of them, but it's tough to make them fit.

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on July 14, 2015, 10:45:33 PM
Plus, the spaces are awkward. I use mine for my dragons, most of them, but it's tough to make them fit.
Absolutely true. The spaces are often enough not even optimal for the line they were designed for.