News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

COLORATA - New for 2015

Started by sphyrna18, June 24, 2015, 08:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sphyrna18

It appears that Colorata is updating some of their Real Figure Boxes and releasing new versions of older sets.  They first announced the re-release of the Endangered Species: Raptors box set, which includes a new Golden Eagle and reissues the Steller's Sea Eagle, Bald Eagle, Secretarybird, and Harpy Eagle, but no longer includes the Ornate Hawk-Eagle, Northern Goshawk, or Greater Philippine Eagle.  I haven't had a chance to get the pictures to be posted here, but you can check out the website here:
http://www.colorata.com/fs/colorata/figure/figurebox_es4.

Colorata also appears to be releasing a new Endangered Animals: Wild Bears box, which replaces the retired Wild Bears and Dogs box set.  The new set features all new sculpts of all eight bear species: Polar Bear, Brown Bear, American Black Bear, Asiatic Black Bear, Sloth Bear, Sun Bear, Spectacled Bear, and Giant Panda.  Again, I've been lazy about getting the pictures, but the set can be seen here:
http://www.colorata.com/fs/colorata/figure/figurebox_ea2.

sbell

I could see me getting the bears, maybe. With the raptors being shrunk by so many models, it's less attractive, although I'm not a big bird collector.

It would be really nice to see Colorata make a completely new set some time, instead of just doing re-issues and repaints every year.

sauroid

thanks for sharing.

here are the pics

bmathison1972

the bears are cool, even if slightly cartoony at times. Also, a departure of Colorata's 'natural' bases for a few bases that look more like taxidermy stands  :P. Still a neat set!

I agree with Sean, how about some totally new taxonomic sets.

stargatedalek

If I spot it for a good price that bird set is going to be a must have, or at least the secretary bird ;)

Advicot

I really really want someone to make a spectacled bear. No major brand makes one!  :(
Don't I take long uploading photos!