News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S. - New for 2015

Started by postsaurischian, May 20, 2015, 08:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

^-^ A new set of animals from the Amazonas has just been released by TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S.

sbell

I was worried that these would be magnets (the photos look kind of flat). But I have seen a picture of the anaconda from the top and the side, so nope, just a figure!

I've already got a few requested through Brett.

sauroid

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on May 20, 2015, 01:48:31 PM
I was worried that these would be magnets (the photos look kind of flat). But I have seen a picture of the anaconda from the top and the side, so nope, just a figure!

the apparent seams in the capybara would also suggest actual 3D figures!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 20, 2015, 06:22:28 PM
Quote from: sbell on May 20, 2015, 01:48:31 PM

the apparent seams in the capybara would also suggest actual 3D figures!

There's some on YAJ that are clearly full figures (in their capsules). Being Takara, I would be surprised if they didn't have the usual black bases.

brontodocus

Excellent, I've just seen the set on Rakuten, too. :) They look great, however, this time I'm not too enthusiastic about the Hercules Beetle. Probably because there are already so many good figures around... Well, while T-A.R.T.S did make magnets before, I think these would most likely fully three-dimensional figures. Why make a support stand for the Arapaima when it's just a magnet that wouldn't need a stand.