News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tapirs!

Started by brontodocus, April 27, 2015, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

It's World Tapir Day! Time for a walk-around of the Papo Wild Animals (or Wild Animal Kingdom as it is currently named in Papo's catalogue) Malayan Tapir, Tapirus indicus Desmarest, 1819; item No. 50112. Snout-vent length is approx. 110 mm and shoulder height is 57 mm so the scale is between approx. 1:16 and 1:20. The human figure (Minimen "Andreas Köpke") is 1:20 scale.

Sadly, all wild populations of extant perissodactyls are in trouble and the Malayan Tapir (the largest of the currently recognised five extant tapir species and the only one living in Asia) is no exception. Habitat loss (by deforestation) and an increase in hunting are the main threats and IUCN lists the species as "Endangered".

Edit 2017-02-05: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Papo have done a really nice work with this figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Advicot

Does anyone know where I could find this figure? I'm really struggling finding Malayan Tapirs (  I have got Schleich one.) :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!